Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, April 2, 2012

Matt: April 2, 2012

Dear family,


Oh my heavens to betsy, sounds like it has been a rip-roaring good time there in Zion. The only April fools joke here in Guarapuava was our investigators that said, "Yeah I´ll go to General conference for sure." none of whom showed up. The entire LAN house was looking at me as I was laughing hyena style as I read about Candace´s April foolery. kkkkkk Oh my gosh I can only hope iit was as funny as that time Rhett poured two tablespoons of Tabasco into the salsa dish we knew mom was about to eat out of ha ha ha. Ummm this week was good though. We found a few people who are at least interested, if not commited to live the gospel. Me and my companion are just trying to baptize as much as possible this month, so should be good.

Ok but how great was general conference?!?!? Minha nossa, the best semi-annual mormon holiday ever. My favorite talks were by Elder M. Russell Ballard, and Elder Donald Halstrom. Wowwee só poder. I also like the talk where the guy said missionaries like getting mail that they can hold in their hands. Kind of a bummer that he didn´t say that one month before my mission ended and 5 days before the very last time I go to Curitiba to get mail for our neck of the woods. (hint hint: if you send me a letter, I will more than likely get it on the way to the airport). But for real it is LIVING the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ that will right all the wrongs of this world and bring true happiness.

Erika- Thanks for the email. I guess the bones in your hands have healed since you broke them shortly after the letter you sent me for Christmas (of 2010) enabling you to write mail. ha ha jk. That´s awesome that you are the champion baker. I had cheesecake in my last area that the irmã (who was also my dentist) burnt it pretty badly and I still wolfed it down as if there were diamonds hidden in the black crust. So I guess you could put cheesecake on the list of things to perfect. You´re not the only one who has cried over not being able to eat late night thai or costco hotdogs though, and it´s not that silly either.

Alison- I liked your email. Our bodies are so precious, and we are better than our surroundings.... I can´t believe you signed a permission slip to send Abby to the moon! wait......maybe not such a bad idea ha ha ha.

Dad- Thanks for the email. Yeah priesthood really laid it down as far as reactivating the menos ativos goes. Mas gostei.

Well I love you all. I know the gospel is true and it brings true happiness. I know my family is the best and each Monday I get so excited to hear from yallsies. As I explained to an elder I live with, "Look, I love the mission, but I LOOOOOVE my family." Fighting trunkeza, but loving every minute of it.

Com muito amor,

Elder Matt Gagon

PS- Today we visited one of the biggest waterfalls in Paraná, if not all of Brasil. Pics to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment