Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Michael: April 4, 2012

Dear family,

This week started good but monday and yesterday have been awful- ivebeen to the doctors and theyre almost sure Ive got denge fever. Idunno if you´ve heard of that but it´s the worst! My mission presidentgave me a blessing though and with faith i´ll be able to walk/workthis week.General conference was great. I watched the Sunday sessions.The work´s going not so great as far as people going to church orprogressing but I still think its great to be doing the Lord´s work.I´ve been following Elder L Tom Perry´s friend Scott´s example justtelling people they should be mormon cause it´s an excellentreligion!!My companion and I put on Christmas music and opened up our packagesthat we got!Thanks Nate and Natalie, and Nick hahaha loved the camera!Matt I watched the Sunday session on the same banco of your first?Zone/District leader the ex-Elder Oliveira, I recognized him fromwhen I ran into him in the street the week he´d gotten home over ayear ago. He was all lovey dovey with a moçinha sittin by his side,at Indian Hills would´ve gottin a ``No PDA`` reminder from Mrs.McGhee.Kinda bummed and extra trunky now that I got my itinerary. Thanksthough, AL. I guess now I dont have to worry about losing sleep onthe flight or who gets to hug Mom first n for how long..Well fam, last year I started reading a chapter a day from the Book ofMormon, and I finished today! But I wanted to read it again so about amonth ago for my personal study I started back at 1 Nephi and markedmy 2 spots I was reading- now Im in Alma 27 and reading the Book ofMormon quickly has helped me a lot to understand it. I know it´s trueand is the most precious book on earth, Im very grateful for it, andfor Joseph Smith, all he did, and even more for our Saviour JesusChrist of whom it testifies.I hope General Conferance was great for all yáll, sounds like AprilFools day was haha.

Al- Thanks a lot for your insights, I thought Elder Rasbands andElder Nelsons talk really interesting! Elder Nelson told me I shouldthank Heavenly father a LOT more than I do.haha Ya because Pres Monson told us to resolve all family conflictsnow I´ll forgive you for not writing tangible letters. nossa she´s growin up

Dad- Thank you for this and all your emails!Jor - are you sure you don´t wanna move in 3 weeks or so so you can doall the moving before we get home, ya know, so everything can be inthe right place and you can show me your new house, ya know, you coulddo all the moving while Im in Brazil . what do you think? Well

my dear family, pray for me- I´m not only fighting evil thesedays but also trunkeza! and the victory there looks grim!

With all my love

Elder Michael Gagon

PS no denge here, just tryna get in on the April fools as much as Icould. It´s still April right?

No comments:

Post a Comment