Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, April 9, 2012

Matt: April 9, 2012

Querida família,


This week was good. I don´t remember what exactly was good about it, but I know that things are rolling along. Lots of just running around and trying to make up for lost time. Fighting a lot of negative thoughts. In the white bible it says not to share such thoughts with your family in the weekly email, so this might be a short one this week ha ha. Easter was good we got a basket from the relief society of the branch. Also, when my companion and I went to the store to buy lanches for the 5 hour bus ride to Curitiba, the non-member parents of some mia-maids in the branch went crazy and bought our groceries for the next 2 months and wouldn´t take no for an answer, so things are groovy and well stocked. Today we had a zone activity where we played volleyball and futebol and other reindeer games. It was great.

OH there´s this somewhat homeless guy that we´ve nicknamed "Senhor Abinádi" who walks around using 2 canes/hiking sticks in our area because of a series of bad choices/luck in his life. Yesterday lacking four and a half days worth of contacts I went to go talk to him and he started whipping his aluminum sticks that he was using around and slashing the asphalt as I tried to get nearer, getting ready to cut me up Zorro style or something. It was crazy! Nothing happened, but it´s something different and interesting for yallsies to have a chin wag about.

Jor- ditto on the conselho de Michael. Moving antes de 17 de May would be awesome! Ha ha parent-tot class!!!! "OK now it´s time to hold your baby AWAY from you in the water. That´s it, stretch your arms out as faaarrr as they will go." WOOF! Were the sisters prohibido from playing sports in your mission? Ours can´t play soccer cuz a girl broke her leg 2 years ago.

Al- I think I was in the ward next to that of Michael´s secretary, and I don´t recall eating lunch there. Maybe I did though...sei lá. Was the madness of March in full effect this year? Nossa I just remember calling in "sick" to Solitude to watch the games from 8 am to 8 pm on opening day... good times.

Michael- I got your lette and just about DIED laughing on the onibus back to the boonys of Paraná. Today I drained all 3 granny style shots that I took from beyond the arc; Russell M. Nelson would be proud kkkkkk!!!

Dad- obrigado for the email. Amei

Well that´s pretty much all I´ve got.

te amo demais,

Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment