Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Michael: February 22, 2012

Dear family,


Ah- the plentiful email inbox is now empty again- thanks for all the written love!

I had a great birthday! I reached drinking age just in time for Brazils biggest party of the year, Carnaval!!!! But I rejoice that I am far from that mess and head deep in Preaching the Lords gospel, not easy but always jubilous.

Adriana lost the faith whereas Rafael was BAPTISED (by yours truly) into the true church. By his baptism I was able to realize 3 goals of mine, 1- Baptise 2 people with the same name, him and Rafael back in Paraiso. (a lame goal but a goal nonetheless) 2- Baptise a Jehovah´s Witness! and 3- Baptise someone who potentially can serve a full time mission a year from now!!!! He says he´d like to. He´s 21.

His Aunt, Veronica looks like quite a bit like Mom- hair stlye, hair eye and skin color, size and shape....And since I told Veronica that she´s started treating me like a son- for my birthday she gave me a really old book of hers that is super cool, its the New Testemant and on each page one column of the verses are in Portuguese and the other column is English! her daughter bought me a new tie, my mission President and his wife gave me a card, 2 balloons and a sparkler so you could say it was a good day.

I´ve taught and created a friendship with this guy who said he didn´t believe in God anymore but he showed up to church which gave me a good feeling. It was different from the usual teaching people what theyve already got at their church isn´t everything.

Ma-Your email rocked the entire Brasilian southeast region.I´ve had a nasty cold this week too.
How cool the Douglas´s are gonna serve in Peru! and what about Buggy?

Dad- Your email rocked just as hard. If Dave is still there give him a holler, is his baby girl the cutest?
I liked what those señoras had to say in church, old people really do have a great perspective on things, and are real nice examples, Pres Hinckley´s last few talks really showed that (thanks Nate for the CDs you burned me)

Can- I didn´t get a email from you but it appears that Matt did, not sure what funky business is going on there but I hear you´re rollin in a BMW. chic.

And Im excited to try this sandwhich from Dad´s birthplace I hear redeems the awful falafal.

Nat-My mission President said he did my ecclesiastical report 4 days ago. I´m thinkin about studying international business. If Nick and Kumi are in Logan you can count me there.

Matt-pega a receita of the cus cus.

I heard cartas sociais are only gonna be for people on welfare a partir de Março! is that why your letter was 70ç? yikes bikes.

PS you´re the face.

Nick- Parabens getting into BYU! Where do you do mish prep?

Well fam, thats all for now.

Until next Wednesday,

I love you!

Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment