Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, February 6, 2012

Matt: February 6, 2012

Dearest family of mine,


Como que 'tá? Family it is getting hot in Curitiba. I am smoldering here in the dirty south, but luckily for me yesterday I got to cool off in the AGUAS DO BATISMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh mercy! After a long long long time of fighting tooth and nail to do something good here in São Lourenço, Evandro Jean Lopes had his sins remitted as he was baptized AND confirmed (so as to not repeat what happened last time) and was even ordained a priest after sacrament meeting. Family, friends, Oldies 94.1, this guy is the best! His wife somehow got "unready" to be baptized throughout the week, but my boy Evandro took a leap of faith and followed Christ´s example instead of Satan´s lies. It was great. Our practice was super fast and he hit his head on the wall a little bit when I dunked him, but at least he didn´t need to be dunked twice. Surely his wife will follow suit and be baptized on the 26th, and logo logo their 8 year old daughter.

Today we had a zone activity where the sisters were in charge. It was great. We played ultimate frisbee and baked frozen pizzas. However they decided to buy the cheapest juice packets at the market and made a couple gallons juice that would be like making a Kool-Aid without adding any sugar.... Yeah it was like drinking bitter litmus paper (that´s a thing right? Ya know from science class). But being the congenial chivalrous elders that we are we decided it would be best just to not say anything. Well one elder didn´t get the memo and after a good hour of fast paced frisbee in what has to be 190 degrees came in took a swig and started gagging/ choking on the unsweetened suco. Ha ha ha it was way funny.

Other than that we´re just doing the shake and trying to find who will be next. My companion is the best missionary in the world, so even though we´re not having a ton of success it´s awesome to work with the modern day Amuleque.

Michael- Irmão yer boy Elder Gaertner came to my church this weekend, and he and my comp used to be in the same ward where he lives. Ele é GH do mau kkkkk!

Can- SUCK! I doubt that there´ll be enough time for you to receive and then send me a new debit card which I prob might need, unless you can get me my pin number to take out cash using my credit card. Everytime I try it says I have the wrong pin.

Jor- The temple rocks né?

Dad- Loved the email. Can´t believe the giants beat the patriots again! Que coisa!!!!

Mucho amor,

Elder Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment