Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, February 20, 2012

Matt: February 20, 2012

Dear Family,


This week was a goody. I got transfered out of São Lourenço and seperated from the greatest missionary Curitiba has ever seen the one and only Elder Bons, and am now serving in Guarapuava. For all those checking the blog and listening in on Oldies 94.1 that have been here before know that this is a little city in the boonies of the state of Paraná. It´s total hick country for the most part, but definitely a welcome change from the Curitiba do mau. For example, stores here stay open til 9:30 or later here, whereas in Curitiba they start closing at 8ish because of crime. I would compare this place to Logan Utah mixed with Fillmore. Things are going good though. After a five hour bus ride last wednesday morning we got here and my new companion Elder Joás from Rio Grande do Norte was here waiting to get me. I´m excited to be here because this area is the new area that President Cordon wants to grow and establish a stake and a wards here. So basically he puts difference makers out here, and for some odd reason he wants me to be the chief of this tribe. So basically things are going good. Last night we were closing out our contacts and at roughly 9:10 we came across a less active lady who´s daughter isn´t a member, and until yesterday never wanted to be baptized. But when we saw them last night they said this week was the week, so pray that Luana can enter the waters of batismo this weekend. What else? This city where I´m at means "ferocious wolf" in the ancient indigenous language here. My current companion was roomates with my mission son in the MTC, and he makes me cus-cus with eggs every morning that I wake up. It is masterful.

Erika- Happy Birthday! You are the best sister in law I´ve ever had!!! para bens.

Michael- still working on your present. Carnaval really threw a monkey in my wrench, but it´ll get there antes da fim da transferencia.

Randace- Agreed. Dave and Hil rock. The areas I´ve passed in are Almirante (all-mir-ronch) Tamandaré, Pinhais (peen yice), Boqueirão, São Lourenço, Guarapuava, and Murfreesboro, Tennessee. (holy moley that seems like a long time ago) Also I have some big plans to use my credit card a little bit, seeing as this is probably my last area, and if you could make sure that Wells Fargo doesn´t cancel it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ma- youre the bestest of the westest.

Pa- you´re the bomb dot com

love you all,

Elder Matt Gagon



No comments:

Post a Comment