Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Michael: August 3, 2011

Dear family,
This week was great. I attatched a picture of a brazilian hot dog and Deolinda who was baptized member of the Church on Sunday. She´s 78 years old and a great grandmother of 7 or so, we also reactivated her daughter in the process.
The highlight of every day is when we teach/learn from Rafael at night. I wont have time to tell you the numerous things he does and says that leave me every day amazed at what a valiant son of god has been found. 2 days this week we got to his house he said he hadn´t read much in the Book of Mormon, just 2 or 3 chapters. Members came up to greet him on Sunday and told him they hoped he came back and he said O I will Im going to be a member here. He called me Sunday morning to come over and tie his tie for him ha. He´s counting down the days until August 7th 2012, when he will have been a member of the church enough time to go to the temple of the Lord. On top of him being such a strong servant in God´s kingdom, he´s maybe the only mineiro in Belo Horizonte who knows who Karl Malone is! He started up a conversation about the Jazz since he knows Im from Utah haha. I love him.
Other than that Im just tryin to go about Pai Celestial´s business, walking up and down streets that are soo steep instead of sidewalks they have stair cases.
I remember probably a year ago I wrote home about an old guy I saw with white dreads, well this week I saw a geezer with all white corn rows.
Rhett- do you remember your cow hoof water bottle?! A member down here has one too haha and I remembered you.
Nate - Staff, woof, I always envied the guys on the football team that got staff infection down at Snow College camp and didnt have to practice. Que moleza minha! I guess its def not that cool.
Nat- Have I had any close calls with the chocolate surprise? Lets just say I live my life on the edge!
Well fam I love you all. Until next week.
Abraços!
Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment