Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Matt: August 3, 2011


Dear Family,
This week was a goody. I´m really growing here in the mission and really thrusting in my sickle. So that is good. There´s really very little to tell about in terms of stuff that happened other than: we went here, taught this person, felt the spirit, did some contacts, cut some moleys, etc. We did however have a meeting with some area 70 who talked about teaching the first lesson (about the restoration) and how we should invite everyone to be baptized always. Things are good.
I had peanut butter for the first time since October, so that was a treat. Also I saw a bulldog this week! It was so great. I remembered Duke and our times together with the rake and the broom and our long winter walks. OOOOHHH I almost forgot. Remember the crazy relief society president from Tamandaré that I compared to Aunt Kathy? Her entire family lives here in Pinhais!!! We were walking on a street I´ve walked 2,489 times the other day and I hear this, "Elder Jayjer!" And I turned around and it was HER!!!!! NOSSA best day of my life! We went into her mom´s house and talked forever just like the days of old. So great. Now we are going to visit a bunch of her family members and surely baptize the sin out of them!
Jor- Para bens for giving birth to Fabrizio Rogerio Gegs Michel I. Or whatever you decide to name him.
Nate M- Para bens tornando pai! Our 2nd counselor here in Tebas was baptized in Portugal cerca 2001 and I showed him your photo but he said he didnt know you. His name is Sylvano. Maybe if I sent you a pic of him you would remember.
Rhett- I am totally following in your footsteps being the brick wall of a goalie here on P day. We played today and I rocked just like you.
Al- How many times have you "organized your life"? Just asking.. Ps you never responded on your daughters t-shirt sizes... personal email on the way. Oh and tell Abby missionaries are way cooler than ninjas, but you can indeed be both.
Nat/Nate- Lake Powell sounds like fun. Today I "wake/snowboarded" on the onibus (ride standing up without grabbing onto anything) and it felt good. Staff infection sounds crappy, but not as crappy as dead Volvos :( RIP Shusha
Nick- Surely you have some good lifeguard and or football stories to tell me from the past couple months... LET ME KNOW!!!
Mom- Surely of all of your many talents you have lost since your Guatamala Olympic days, champion letter writer and gold medal story teller aren´t some of them... Put the pen to the pape!
Michael- Não recebeu meu pacote ainda!?!?!??!?! Bixo do ceu, eu vou matar os correios. Não aguento mais esta porcaria.
Well that´s pretty much it. I`ll do better to write down stuff during the week so these emails return to blue ribbon quality, but basically just pray that Graciolisi and Roberto stop smoking


Much love
Elder Matthew Wright Gegs "dog dropper" Gagon I of Curitiba

No comments:

Post a Comment