Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Matt: August 10, 2011

Dear Family,
Nossa this week was very rushed. Kind of a downer week to be honest. Some people we´ve been teaching for a while who are more interested in a message about God´s "real" name than finding salvation. Others who just need some time, and a bucket load of others who are "providently living" by pocketing the money they would´ve spent on a wedding and just living together instead, fulfilling Satan´s plan. Surely they will enjoy a good Law of Chastity lesson to rock their worlds. Also in this area I´m finding there are a lot of "pineapples" as my companion refers to them. People that just want to talk and talk and TALK. It´s like, "Hey I´m more than just a pair of ears ya know! I have something to say about Jesus Christ and baptism and Joe Smith and his gold bible." Holy cow. Returned missionaries/Michael: what tactics do yallsies have for getting people to shut their dang yappers? It´s getting a bit out of control down here in the dirty south and I´m going to need some reinforcements.
For dessert on sunday I ate candied orange peels. It was in the house of this crazy irmã and she got this jar of what appeared to be oranges in syrup, but come to find out that it was just the peels and not the actual orange. It wasn´t bad, but I definitely did not ask for the recipe.
Aside from these things, not a whole lot to report about. Surely I will try and mix things up so that next week can be an email de poder.
Al- Thank you so much for your email. I will surely print it out and rock this city up and down.
Nate J- Holy cow man, when are you ever healthy? Nossa cara, take your mother-in-laws time proven medical advice: walk it off, drink some water, and lie down and take a nap. That´ll cure what ails you.
Nick- This week a sister missionary who I haven´t seen for 3 weeks came up to me and said, "Elder Gagon, when you gave me this letter to mail you never gave me any money to send it. I gave her the 1 dollar she was "lacking" and she will send the letter I wrote to you 5 weeks ago this week (I hope).
Michael- Is Elder Gordon Argentino? Não aparece muito não, mas tudo bem. Did you ever get those DVDs I sent you? If not I´m going to freak out at the correios.
Dad- You are the best. I love you so much. I hope you have an awesome Brasilian father´s day. Will write you a letter soon.
Love
-Elder Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment