Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Matt: August 31, 2011

Dearest Family,

Like I thought would happen, I did indeed get transfered. It was a sad day to leave the land that I love and all the friends that I made there and head to a land far away, but surely the Lord has something waiting for me here. Or maybe I just never found out what it was there that he wanted me to do... Either way I´m here today in Eucalyptus (?) Brasil. My new companion is elder Camargo from rural São Paulo. Interestingly enough I´m here taking the place of Elder "Sasquatch" Marx my beloved MTC companion! He was the trainer of Elder Camargo, and the way the mission here works is you train for 12 weeks, but Elder Camargo and Elder Marx were only together for 6 so I´m kind of training, kind of not. So the Gagon family here in the even deeper south is at 1 1/2.
There´s not a whole lot to tell about the past week. Just "planting seeds" mostly with my first begotten son Elder Ricardo. We were teaching this lady that would be the catholic equivelant of a seminary teacher and she is SO close to being converted. On Sunday she just showed up out of nowhere in the middle of the Gospel Principles class and stuck around for sacrament meeting. Que benção!
Funny story- last night saying goodbye to a few people we stopped by a family that we are trying to reactivate who are CRAZY for soccer! Like imagine Oakland Raider fans to the umpteenth degree. They were telling me stories and showing me scars of the days when the 2 fan clubs from each team would schedule a post-game fight. Win, lose, or draw they were there, planned ahead and everything. They were telling me how years and years ago they were there with their 5 year old son and right when the 2 sides were about to clash, the dad hid the son behind him and said, "Son, if anybody from the other side falls down in front of you, you kick them in the face." ha ha ha ha I guess you had to be there, but it was the funniest thing hearing how crazy these people are for their soccer teams.

Fam I love you all.
Nate- That talk rocked. Thanks for the email.
Al- Hope Utah was great and you got to avoid the Jungle Book scene of "I dunno what do you wanna do?" Thát´s kinda how I passed my years of 17-21 years of age... Definitely good to plan ahead
Nick- Still waiting on a letter.
Mom- ditto

Love, Elder Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment