Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Michael: August 10, 2011

Dear family.
This week all the stuff that´s supposed to happen with missionaries happened. Walkin, teachin, witnessing the miracle of Rafael´s conversion, and baptism, in turn becoming more and more converted myself, my companion was bit by a dog last night, and beet juice caused me and my companion to wake up in the middle of the night, me to change my garment bottoms, and him with it coming out the other end.
Sunday morning was great. We got to Rafaels house, he, my companion and I all shined our shoes together (cute) and went to church. A lady called him over to be in the choir and he stayed after his baptism to sing. Later he had a reality check, he said ``The thought came to me and I just started laughing to myself... It´s the weekend, and I got up early, its 1 pm on a Sunday afternoon, and I haven´t had lunch yet, and I´m inside of a church singing a childrens song! (primary number the choir will sing next week) What happened! Then he said he thanks the Lord for his new life, the life he knows the Lord wanted him to choose, that this is the true path that he is going to follow the rest of his life.
I sent some pictures of Rafael and his family and girlfriend that came to watch his baptism. He is adopted and his fam def doesn´t have the same spiritual-understanding that he´s got in his blood. but last night we said we wanted to invite his girlfriend to be baptised too, and that she could be baptised on Sunday. Rafael said ``oh yeah? hold on a minute..´´ he left the room and came back a few minutes later and said ´´I just got off the phone with Regina she says she wants to be baptised Sunday but just wants to learn a little bit more before.´´ Que bençao. Rafael has took the lead from Nilson and ran away with my MME award (missions most elect). So We´re gonna teach Regina for the second time tonight. She´s also got an 8 year old daughter. Que bençao.
So this week has been good, being that all´s well that ends ok.
I invite all of you to start or continue to read the Book of Mormon. I´ve seen it´s power keep a man from his 16-year-old addiction to hard drugs and now stop a couples fights and get them on the road to a temple marriage.
I had an amazing study today- I read 3 conference talks from the Sunday afternoon session. From D. Todd Christofferson, an extra inspired talk, to me. Another one about tithing, and the other one about Being and Doing which blew my mind. To all the parents in the fam, new, old, or future, I suggest another look at this talk. I liked this:
´´Because be begets do & is the motive behind do, teaching be will improve behavior more effectively than focusing on do will improve behavior.`` Then he talks about that we should correct the wrong things people do and compliment them for the good things that they are. (and not vice versa)
I´d also like to illustrate another gospel principle which is to Endure to the End. Keep the emails and letters coming, don´t lose the faith!
Other than that, I rode a bus that drove through a tunnel and I help my breath all the way through.
Dad- Great to hear from you! he´s ´´mellowed down?´´
Al- Thank you for being able to find time to email me! I hope we or at least I are all as good as you are at writing down the funny things our kids say.
Matt- watch out for Ted Payne he might fall on ya and end your career as P-days iron glove. E, your future is as bright as your faith (pres mons)!!!! (infelizmente kkk)
tambien, its fathers day down here on sunday so Dad I want to say that I love you! Thank you for helping me get on a mission, and happy brazilian fathers day to all you papais na familia.

Eu amo voces.
Elder Michael Gagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment