Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Matt: July 27, 2011

Dearest Family,
This week....has passed. Ha ha I´m here in Tebas still and having to do some soul searching on why. Any suggestions that you have are welcome. This Sunday we had 2 random guys show up to church, which was cool. They said that two saturdays ago (the night of Luiza´s baptism) they wandered on in and wanted to get to know this church better because they had never been there before. Blessing! Also one of my favorite zone-leaders that I´ve had passed through with his family. It was fun translating sacrament meeting, but definitely humbling to see how much I need to improve my portuguese. Also humbling was to see this elder pointing out his many many many converts in the ward as opposed to the bem poucos meus, knowing that we passed the same amount of time in this area. On the humiliating side of humility this week; this same elder and friend of mine asked to borrow the keys to go call some people in the area. And me being me, and having the post-church rush I ended up forgetting to get the keys back from him and hopefully tonight this lady in the other ward will go to the hotel downtown and get them from where he left them.
Other than that, not a lot to report. It´s been a period of growth; much much growth. My president says to me, "There´s no growth in the comfort zone, and there´s no comfort in the growth zone." that being said, I would say that I am very very far into the growth zone.
Al- Barefoot Contessa?!? Woof! That´s the show that always alerts me I´ve wasted too much time watching food network. Even if it´s the first show I see when I turn on the tv.
Rhett- Roman Soldier, nice! Yeah man goals are good. I can´t wait to meet Mollie either.
Jor- That´s cool that you´ve got the birth week planned down to the minute. Who knows, maybe he can be born at 11:38 if all goes according to plan. Have you decided on a name yet, or is it still a toss up between Jasper, Rufio, Michael, and Gegs?
Much love,
Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment