Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Matt: July 20, 2011

Dear Loving Marvelous Wonderful Family,
Wassup? So this week has been a goody. In this week I saw for the first time (visually) how the gospel can change people, and change for the better. Luiza (the lady who kept her daughter´s BOM) has transformed from the depressed, sad sack, what´s the point of living if you´re just gonna die Luiza; to the smiley, friendly, sociable, member of the church Luiza... Truly great. Also this week my companion made cevada (pero/postum) for 2 families of coffeholics. Seriously these people can not live without their coffehol! Anywho my comp was also addicted to the black bean back in the day and has since figured out a way to make a cup of pero that tastes exactly like coffee. So in the first house we made it for this lady and tricked her son who just walked in the house into thinking that, "Elder Ricardo is making coffee with a different measurement especially for us". This son (who probably has his own favorite iron chef) walks in and was like, "WOW this smells way better than yours mom!" and upon drinking it started hailing my companion as the master coffee maker in the world. Unable to resist we showed him that it was cevada, not coffee, that he was drinking. He got this puzzled look on his face and said, "Well that´s it then. I´m never buying coffee ever again. This stuff is cheaper, better for you, and tastes better." YEAH!!!! His mom didn´t like it so much, but it´s prob cuz she knows it´s not coffee mesmo. Also the other family that we made it for loved it too and decided to not buy coffee ever again as well.
Other than that not a ton has happened. We had transfers today, but me and my first-begotten son stayed together, and consequently I am going into my 7th month in this ward and I couldn´t be happier!

Dad- Was Uncle Dan or some cousin of yours Hyrum Smith in the 1987 movie How Rare a Posession ?
Devin- If you haven´t already sent that May Liahona, do you think you could throw in some peanut butter as well? And the book Mormon Doctrine by Bruce? (yeah we´re on a first name basis) I know Jif makes some "to go packs" that are cheap and perfect for sending. There´s a member here that REALLY wants that book and will pay me/you back. Tá bom? Obrigado.
Michael- Yes I´m in my 2nd area still, and will be until September. PS morri di rir hoje com a gravura do 4 story atomic wedgie de Todd kkkkkk!!!

Well that´s pretty much all I´ve got.
THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!

-Elder Matchu Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment