Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Matt: July 6, 2011

Dear Family,
Wassup? So this week was a goody. Not great but good. We had a musical fireside in our stake to create some sort of buzz about missionary work/sharing the gospel, and of all the people that showed up- President Cordon (and sister) made a surprise visit! It was awesome they had professional(ish) singers come in and pretty much sing hymns that explain the message of the restoration. They also had a violinist that´s about half as good as Alison come in and he rocked the house with some acompanhamento. Then at the end my beloved President Cordon got up and rocked the house right down to the ground with his testimony. It was great. Before this though, Sister Cordon asked if I was changing my socks regularly to which I responded, "Uhh yeah every night." and she was like "Every night?" to which I responded, "Yeah." Puzzled I sat down in the chapel and soon realized what she meant. My regular routine of sock changing was not the problem, but the ski underwear that I wear at night to avoid freezing to death, and wore that particularly frigid day did not smell so great...cool story hansol. Moral of the story being it is frickin freezing here down in the depths of Brasil, and you should wash your clothes regularly even if it takes 3 days and an ironing to get them dry enough to wear again.
Other than that we are working this city over and preparing Gilberto the Gauchão to be baptized Saturday night. Also, turns out that that lady that kept her daughter´s Book of Mormon smokes and the day after we remarked her date to get baptized she got so sick that it made smoking impossible! She didn´t go to church, but at least she recognized that God is working in her life to get her ready to live the gospel.
Devin- I thought of something you could do to help me. I need the May Liahona (ensign?) in ENGLISH! Also crunchy Cheetos will not be refused if sent as well.
Nate J- I let my son use that camera you sent me today at the temple and now he wants to buy it from me, because he doesn´t own a camera... Do I have your permish? If so, how much should I sell it for?
Nate M- Were you in an 80´s church video about sacrament/sacrifice about "the glass jar" starring the weather man from WB 30 when you were a teenager?
Erika- There´s a little girl named Erika here and every time we sit down to talk to her I tell her about how my sister in law is named Erika...cool story hansol Congrats again on being a mommy now.
Adam- iPad golf looks sweet.
Well that´s pretty much it.
Much love,
Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment