Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Michael: July 13, 2011

This week has been pretty eventless. Church was great, even though it was the second week we didnt have anyone there progressing. My boy Nilson went on vacation and told me to warn everyone at church that he wasnt going inactive..
The only big positive result thats come from my work lately was that I committed a 25 year old girl in the branch to go on a mission. She had her interview with the branch pres on Sunday.
I was talkin with another missionary who gave me the idea when I renew my visa next month or so to pay a little extra and apply for a permanent visa! Im gonna do it.
I forgot to mention but a few weeks ago our zone leaders here in the area next to mine got shot at in the middle of the day- neither were hit of course.
Other mildly crazy story is that we chose a neighborhood to work in and we knocked doors in kind of a U / horse shoe shape, and knocked right around a house where a lady hanged herself from a guava tree in her front yard about an hour before we got there. (I didnt see her I just saw the ambulance)
At night the tempurature drops to a nippy 58 or so, but then its time to go home and go to bed. I did get cold today though- waking up at 4 am to go to our investigators house to make sure she doesnt drink coffee. If she isnt baptised this Saturday I´ll be very upset.

Dad- hago nada en la oficina. solemente encontré con mi compañero nuevo
Jor- minha querida irma brasileira. Gostei your email. I have a quote from Pres. Monson that says our liahona in life is our patriarchal blessing. Will you do me a favor and send me a copy of mine? my member record number is 000-5658-8526. Obrigado!
Matt- bota sua ropa no forno?
Nick- got 2 letters comin hot! keep the updates comin and the groin rested.

I love all yáll a lot. thanks for your prayers.
Ate next week
Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment