Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Matt: July 13, 2011

Dearest fam,
Wowza so it feels like the days FLY by, but at the same time it feels like forever since I´ve sent emails... Anywho this week was good. Gilberto the Gaucho Giant was baptized and confirmed this weekend. Good stuff. He is awesome. I think he received the aaronic priesthood as well, but I´m not sure because I was taking care of the other ward. Also we are working well with that lady who got sick and is quitting smoking. Her name is Luiza and she is one of God´s elects fo sho. Last p day I asked how the cigarettes were going, and she hadn´t smoked since the day we told her about the word of wisdom. Then I felt like I should ask if she had any cigarettes in the house that we could take away from her so she could avoid temptation. She went and got her last box of smokes and handed them over and has been going cold turkey ever since! It was so great. She is the best. Other than that we´re just trying to help the other investigators we have to progress, and cutting the softies like a tree that bringeth forth bad fruit and mostly just trying to improve in all aspects of the work....

Nick- Summer sounds rad. Keep the stories coming, and give your groin some rest. You´ve got a letter in the mail so get excited for that and keep your head up kid.
Jor- How about the Liahona as your liahona?
Natalie/Nate- Two words for your little doll of a daughter: Preh shuss!

Well I finally have a p day without a brazillion things to do so I´m gonna head out.

-Elder Matchu Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment