Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Matt: September 28, 2011

Querido amado bondoso família que está no Utah,
Family, what is up?!? This week was good. Actually this calander week that we are in the middle of is what´s good. Divisão, p day, blitz, baptism, and 2 days of Gen Conf. YAWOO!!! Things are going good down here in the deeeep south. The weather is starting to get really warm and although I don´t miss the days where I would have to wear a sweater underneath my winter coat to go to sleep at night, full body sweatiness isn´t the ideal conditions for me eith. The work is rolling along though so I really can´t complain. Paulo didn´t get baptized, but if he passes an interview tomorrow he will be baptized inbetween conference sessions and things will be groovin. Some interesting things that have happened have been the following: I saw that Corihor man again, but I didn´t bother talking to him; nem ele para mim. I ate the largest pizza IN BRASIL the other day and it wasn´t great but the sheer size of that bad boy was inspiring. I´d say it is about the same size as the wagon wheel you can order from The Pie. My district is already planning on getting another one of just dessert pizza to watch the priesthood sesh in style Saturday Night.
Something really great that happened this week was I finished The Book of Mormon in portuguese (O Livro de Mórmon) and I testify to you all reading this on the interweb or listening in on Oldies 94.1 that that book is just as true in Portuguese as in English, and that undoubtedly that book is the word of God. I have developed a deep love for the Book of Mormon and one of the many passages that will go into The Book of Regrets: the biography of Matt Gagon is not reading it and loving it sooner in my life. That book has a power to it that if you really read it you will grow so much spiritually and learn so much overall.

Rhett- Thank you for the letter! Loved it. Will try to write back as soon as I find time.
Al- I loved Abby´s talk! That is so great. Did you get the other box I sent you with the yellow jerseys and the coloring book? Espero que sim.
Jor- GOATS! O louco! Sounds like you guys are having the fun as uma familinha. "That goat has a devil eye." -Brian Fellow.
Ran- Thanks for the email. PMCHosp sounds cool, but being called a boy sounds not so cool... My comp and I went to the primary last sunday to talk about missionary work and I definitely share Devin´s level of enthusiasm to be a sunbeam teacher...woof!
Michael- Yeah I know how to make cuz-cuz but you need a special pot to make it. There´s a mineiro in my zone and that guy is CRAZY. He talks super fast and is just loucura pura. I´ll try to find out his info to see if you´ve já passou na ala dele ou alguma coisa assim. PS I write you every week, but I don´t have a correios in my area (de novo!) and here in the quase near future you´re going to get a big dump of letters.
Nick- ditto on the drooling at the mouth about your letter

Mom- Thank you so much for emailing. That meant the world to me and I am so happy to hear from you. That is great that you are walking with Aunt Gina. Sometimes I do morning exercises, but usually I "exercise my faith" seeking revelation through long, extensive, forehead on the mattress, prayers. Other times I just exercise my agency.

Well I love you all. I hope yallsies watch and love General Conference as much as me.
-Elder Matt

PS- Alison, how does general conference work in the Buff? Do you go to the stake center também?

No comments:

Post a Comment