Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Michael: September 21, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad, brothers and sisters,

I´m doing great!
I´ve only come prepared with one question to ask- Ideas on what to do during baptismal meetings while the person changes out of their wet clothes. Lately its been up to me to do about everything in this ward during the baptisms. The directing, the talks, the leading, the presiding, the praying, the singing ha jk. but... We had a baptism of a less-active member´s son. His name is Guilherme, 10 years old. He chose me to baptize him so I was in the bathroom changing with him afterwards and with no will whatsoever to head back out their and have to keep the attention of the members. So I decided to wait until Guilherme got done changing then we could just say the last prayer and close the meeting. but I guess he was slammed with the need to go number 2 for 20 minutes! I stayed in the bathroom anyways (until it got stanky de mais) and so this led me to ask for suggestions......
Other than that things are going good. Just work work work.
Im workin with a family whose story is pretty dang crazy but I´ll wait to tell it when it has the happy ending of Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins-
just to give you an idea though the dad left the mom, and one of her two sons ran away from home, was homeless, lost in the world of heavy drugs, was almost assassinated? but now came back and is doing rehab...
Its nice to hear from those who have written/emailed me. THanks

Al- Your girls look so big- not excluding your boy too! Love him.
Those peaches look delicious, although Brasil has a lot of great fruit- the peaches here aren´t as sweet.
I also liked your funny stuff haha although I smile plenty as a missionary, I usually only have good laughs when I read Matts letters, your girls quots of the day, and some other stuff. Keep it comin!

Rhett- Judging the homecoming pageant. NICE!

I love you all! Miss you each week.

Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment