Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Matt: September 7, 2011

Dear Family,
Today is p day and I just got done with a division with like my best friend here in the mission so I´m feeling pretty good. First things first, the work is slowly rolling along here in Eucoliptus/Boquerão Brasil. Investigators are scarce, so we are doing a lot of contacts in the street, and when worst comes to absolute worst- knocking doors...WOOF!!! Unfortunately that worst thing happens almost everyday :(. We are teaching though and there is a grown adult male named Gerçon who has family in the church that just might get baptized on Saturday. He´s only been taught 3 times before, but we´re doing another cram session like we did with Milena in Tebas teaching multiple commandments, so things are groovin.
This week I´ve been studying a lot about hope, mostly about if there is any of it left in the world; and also how it relates to agency. It has been a truly rewarding experience. I´ve learned a lot, and in this past conference Liahona there were many people who said some great things in regards to this subject. Of course I can´t think of anything they said right now, but basically HOpe is the building block of faith, and is like the "fuel" for our actions (works of faith). Good stuff. Mostly I just want to invite all you reading this or listening in on Oldies 94.1 to be nice to the lady wearing jeans at church, or the boy wearing earings. Even if they are members and know the standards and aren´t dressing accordingly, please just be nice to them.

Jor- This email I got. I think you went silent there for a couple weeks but I got your email this week. Obrigadão! Que pena que a feijoada não deu certo. OOOHH also JOr there´s this lady in our ward who is a hair stylist and she has like some crazy tool called like a "heat saw" or "heat cutter" or alguma coisa assim. Have you ever used that or even heard of it before? I´ll try and get a pic and the real name and send it to you.

Nat- I got your letter!!! Thank you so much. I have actually been to a couple funerals here, and YEAH it gets pretty emotional. My companion told me that up north where the people are in general more emotional/apt to express their feelings it gets pretty out of control. Especially when people don´t have the gospel in their lives it is like the end of the world, because if not for the plan of salvation it in fact would be.

Devin- Dude that is sad.

Alison- WOW that package got there fast! Your daughters are locas, and your son is a chunker!

Michael- No one in Tennessee noticed my portugese plaqueta. And I got your letter with the pic of the jelly fish ride and just about laughed myself to death!!!! Hall of fame fo sho!

I love yallsies like 'coons like rasslin on that there dirt farm,

Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment