Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Michael: March 30, 2011

Dear Family

Do we Religiously read the ´Paper but find it hard to read the Scriptures Daily?

The question posed in the subject of this email is from an old conference talk given by a Seventy, not sure who- and I thought it very clever. To be honest the past several weeks have been tough. But like Nephi although having many afflictions I have been favored by the Lord and have grown in the knowledge of the things of God... I decided I should write more about the things Im learning instead of just the happennings (teach and teach some more).
My hard week kinda turned around nn Sunday in Gospel Principles class. We watched the movie the Lamb of God, and I was impressed by a couple things- First, the beginning is just cool- when it goes back and forth from the servant pampering King Pilate (Michael Flynn, I know him! ...not really) and Christ, the king of kings, and the way he is being treating, but more on the spiritual side I liked When Christ is being betrayed by Judas he cures the guy´s ear who Peter cut off... He is being betrayed, soon unto death, (not to mention having just finished suffering for all sins and pains of the world,) and he heals someone of the very group capturing him. I was overcome, impressed by his never ending love that he showed in all moments of his life. and honestly felt so small for having been so frustrated by the lack of success these weeks.
The other part of the movie that caught my attention was when the crowd chose to realease Barabas? instead of Christ. A parallel with the world today- in many ways we choose to follow the Majority instead of Christ. I think that stuck because of a talk I had read also from a 70 that said somethin like, Popularity is a horrible scale to use to gague our choices.
Last thing that I read this morning was a talk by Elder Oaks about the sacrament meeting and how we should act during it and burns us all when he says ´´In Sacrament meeting we make sacred covenants to always remember Him. How sad it is to see people obviously violating this covenant in the very meeting they are making it´´ I immediately remembered Mom, always refusing to scratch my back because it can be a distraction to others. Way to be ma, thank you for that example.
Since there are only 2 pairs of missionaries in Montes Claros I did my first baptismal interviews for Elder Eves investigators. That was interesting.
- ´´What does it mean to you to that Thomas S Monson is a prophet?´´
´´It´s good``
´´What is the meaning of repentance in your life?´´
´´It´s good``
I bought a fruit called caju that to me looks like a mini version of the fruit-of-knowledge-of-good-and-evil used in the temple movie (its been a while). but after biting it I realized it wasnt.
Great to hear the funeral was awesome. The picture of everyone was awesome. No card board cut outs of Me and Matt? haha. cheese.
I would love a copy of the poem/story Touch of the Masters Hand. JORDAN, voce VAI me mandar The touch of the Masters hand esta semana?!? (Gotta make invitations direct)
Rhett- Nice hair/beard. I havent gotten your letter but I put 2 and 2 together, Que Pedro voce é? Remember your soccer ball pillow?... Ya...That was awesome. haha, I saw a guy down here with one identical and I remembered yours immediately. That pillow was cool. MOM, kudos for making it!! (assuming you did).
Nick - Festival of colors, NICE! did you see Tay Thom? and When is your next flute lesson?
Well fam I love you all!
Have a great week.
Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment