Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Matt: March 16th 2011

Dearest most marvelous family in the world,
First off- HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE!!!! YEAH WOO NEW MOMMA!! 26 years YOUNG WOOOOO!!!!!

So by the sounds of things it sounds like Avery Kristin "watermelon" Jaynes I of Sandy is rocking everybody´s world. Those pictures of her are so cute! I just wanted to cry as I looked at them, but I am a clean face and a never cry face, so I didn´t.
This week was a lot like last week in the sense that we just worked it. We had 13 people come to church this week in the 2 wards that we cover so that was awesome because they say that Investigators who come to church has a direct correlation with how many people get baptized. So that should be right nice here in a few weeks. We actually had our baptism that was marked for Saturday fall through (for the third time this transfer) but we went back and talked to the dad that got rubbed the wrong way by our zone leader and tudo vai dar certo and she´ll get baptized this Sunday instead. Yeah I don´t have any other cool stories because it just seems like we just are putting our noses to the grindstone and getting after it. Yesterday we were teaching this family in a kind of rowdy atmosphere, and in hindsight we should´ve left early, but we were there teaching and when my comp taught about Joseph Smith everything calmed down. Then when he recited the first vision you could really feel the spirit super strong. Afterwards one of the ladies there listening asked some question about baptism and authority and things went right back to rowdy and my comp was trying to explain things and said, "Now-a-days people-" and in that moment NOBODY was listening to us; not even looking at us. and Elder Allgaier continued "Don´t even listen to the word of God." and I just busted up laughing SO hard! Then they looked over to see what was so funny and we just finished up and left. ha ha it was super funny. Then I went on a division and went to visit the elect golden investigator of the year to talk to her mom to see if she would allow her daughter to be baptised. It went pretty smoothly, but her mom doesn´t want her to be baptised until she gets an "inspiration" from God, and so now our star investigator who is set to be baptised here in 4 days is doubting herself and her answer that she already told us she got. So it was just annoying to see how Satan works in any way possible to get us to not follow Christ.
Other than that not much happened. Just teaching, preaching, and working like missionaries do.

Jor- Congrats on the baby boy! So excited to have two little nephews, but kinda irritated that my Christmas predictions of you having a girl and Erika having a boy getting switched, but whatever.
Brothers in Utah minus Nate- Ice fishing trip sounds awesome! Wish I could be there. I think I´ve eaten fish once here on the mish and it was last p day at a place like Tucanos, but way better.
Nate J- Big papa, nice! Did you get my email with those old playstation games? Are you playing those in the night when the little when wakes you up? As far as birthday ideas go the only thing I can think of right now that I would like would be a Leatherman (with pliers NOT scissors in the middle) and some....yeah I´ll get back to you on that.
Nick- Dude. Prom. Legit. Write me a letter about it broseph.
Can- Dude. Prom. Pictures. illegit. ha ha ha nice that you and granny DeLahontay are best buds though.
Michael- You´ll never guess who I got a letter from this week....

well that is pretty much it for this week. I love you all. Tchau-zão!

Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment