Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Matt: March 30, 2011

Dear Fam,
Tudo bem? So this week was good. Unlike Michael, I'm more in the "doing" phase of my mission rather than the "learning" phase. So I will tell you more about what I've been doing and less about what I´m learning. This week we baptized Epifania this 72 year old lady from Paraguay. It was so great cuz she is just a super special lady and plus she´s really old. I also had the opportunity to baptize her grand-daughter Huliane Elizabete Waen da Silva, but she likes going to the ward that her cousins go to instead of her own ward (they meet in the same building) so she hasn´t been confirmed yet, and because of General Conference it´ll take another week for that to happen. So yeah. Other than that just teaching, preaching, working, and calling people to repentance, like missionaries do. kkkk Last night I really let the husband/boyfriend of our star investigator know just how wrong living together without being married is, and how he was the only thing keeping his wife/girlfriend from being baptized. So we´ll see how that ends up.
Nena´s funeral sounded like it was a good time. It stinks that it takes the end of someone´s life to bring all the cousins and family together from the 4 corners of Neverland, but I remember how special it was to get the entire Wright side together for Granddad´s funeral. No doubt that this time was just as special. I always loved just getting together with Mom´s side of the fam and just eating too much and having a good chin wag far into the night... ha ha ha I remember Nena telling me that "mother orangutang" story and how funny it was from her perspective. Nena was the best. That stinks that I couldn´t be there, but I know where I´m supposed to be.
Well I love you all. I don´t have much to say other than thank you for the love, the emails, the prayers, and the pictures. It is so great to see my wonderful parents, my bearded brother, my pregnant sisters, my adorabe nieces, and all the people I love- even if it is from 7,000 miles away in a dinky LAN house.
WAIT! I almost forgot. General conference is in 3 days!!!!! I am getting so stoked! Me and my comp listen to a couple talks every night to get pumped up (and put to sleep) and I have no doubt that this one is going to be one for the ages. Hopefully all of you can listen to all the sessions and have your spiritual world rocked!

I love you all
tchau tchau
Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment