Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Matt: March 2nd 2010

Dear family,
It´s true what they say. The days pass like weeks and the weeks pass like days. Winter is definitely on its way here. Things are getting colder, and I no longer melt into a puddle of goo at the end of each day. Today/this week not a ton of exciting things happened. One of our star investigators who passed the bapismal interview and then just didn´t show up to her own baptism decided to frequent a different (apostate *cough *cough) church where they can rock out and really feel the spirit. So that sucked... We have a bunch of people we are working with, but for some reason or other it doesn´t seem like they are progressing on the path to baptism. So maybe I will just need to give them a good rebuking and call them to repentance or something. What else? I have a hole in my shoe and yesterday when we got home I took off my shoes and socks and I had one white foot and one black foot. At first I thought it was lint or sock residue or something, but it turns out it was dirt. ha ha so I gotsta fix that. Also this week while we were going to lunch as a district some guy driving past in a car lit a firework and threw it at us... The spirit must´ve not been strong with us cuz none of us really saw it happen until this bomb went off right next to us and my ears were ringing for like 4 minutes.
Other than that things are just chugging along. Still trying to figure out myself, the mish, portuguese, and the mysteries of God in general... Your emails and letters are awesome!

Dad- I finally got your letter and I LOVED it!!!! Oh my halleluja it was manna to my taste to hold in my hands and read in ALL CAPS the words of my father. Thank you.
Nat- Avery is gonna be born tomorrow on the third so congrats in the future.
Nate- where did you learn to speak portuguese so good?
Jor- You are just little miss chefe da cozinha né?
Rhett- DId Oregon or Auburn win the Nat´l championship? I´ve been wondering for like ever about that.. Awesome to hear about JImmer and the cougs though.
Dev- Last night I baptized my pizza in real american home made RANCH!!! It was the best.
Nick- Sounds like life is good at the dirty D. Would love to hear more though.

That is all. Amo vocês. Sei que esta é a igreja de Jesus Cristo, e que esta é a obra dele.

Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment