Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Michael: Feb 23rd 2011

Dear Family!
I dont know how but I caught a cold in the summer in Brazil.
A highlight this week was playing Mafia for family home evening with our investigators! We only played one round, cause of curfew, and I was a citizen who was voted out early but it was still a good time.
The lowlight of the week was the woman we had marked for baptism (and her daughter) turned out to be a SNAKE!!! CRIKEY! So she is a little loca. She´s 28 but looks a lot older cause she smokes. She never went to school and cant read, she always talked about all the medicine she took for depression and if she doesnt take them she breaks her cell phones etc. and she goes minutes without blinking. Now it makes sense though that she could have been just staring at me, looking back she left a few clues that hinted her interest in me. The biggest one was when she turned to me at the beginning of sacrament meeting and said ``Im glad you stayed close to me.´´ cause my comp sat with the other family we brought to church. But after church it all came out - we were trying to help her throw the stuff she makes her cigarrettes with away again, and she said that she would if I married her. and a short minute later we stood up and left and she ran into her room crying and said I was just like the father of her children who left her and went back to Portugal hahaha it was pretty crazy. (more like SHEs pretty crazy). But luckily we´ve got another baptism marked for Saturday.
So I saw mowgli this week- he walked right out of the Jungle Book onto the main street here. A boy probably 10 years old, brown, with dark messy hair, walking barefoot alone down the road in nothing but old, red, saggy underwear haha but I didnt get a pic.
Not too much else.
I love you guys! Hope you have a great week! Natalie, youve got 5 more days to get Avery out in the best month!
Beijos e Abraços!
Elder Michael Davey Gagon

PS
Al, theres a fresh RM in our ward whose name is Elmo, what do you think about that? Elmo Ashley?

No comments:

Post a Comment