Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Michael: February 16, 2011

Dear Family!
This week has been tough as far as pulling the weight of the companionship/ being a good trainer even though im not ´´training´´. Just tough. We lost our keys for 2 days (inside our house) so we had to climb our 10 foot cement wall to get in and out...

I had natural watermelon juice. Just the fruit and sugar blended up. Pretty good.
I taught a guy who had 2 broken ribs, I asked him how he broke his ribs and he said his son came up behind him, hugged him and lifted him up (haha exactly how Matt would lift Mom off the ground!) I also saw a cat get hit by a car which was pretty crazy. it didnt die instantly, but started to run kinda in circles on the other side of the street and then collapsed in the grass.

And the most craziest thing I saw was a protest. Here in Riberao das Trevas the goverment wants to build 2 more prisons (theyve already got a couple) and so a huge crowd with all their signs and megaphones walked onto the freeway and stopped traffic for a good 15 minutes idk.!!! Bem doido! Do people do that?

Well family I know this one is quick. Thanks for all the Birthday wishes! I dreamt a super real dream that Matt and I had come home from our missions haha but I got over it by 7:00.... Ok so here they dont have mutual nights but they have a night kinda like FHE where the whole ward is invited and there is a message and a fun part and refreshments. And this week a guy in the ward got home from his mission and the lesson was a question and answer sesh with him and it really helped my perspective that the mission really is such a blessing. We had Zone conference monday too which always helps. I just want you all to know that Im doing fine and I know Im having the best experience of my life! I love you all for what youve done until this point in my life. I love you! Have a great week!
Beijos e Abraços! Elder Michael David Gagon

Dad - I got both your emails! Returned letters are the WORST!! Ha I wish they had the Pony Express here, for those that dont know the mail men here deliver on foot! Your portuguese is great too!
Mom - Thanks for all the updates! All those mission calls are exciting. Let me know more on the Becerras! I found my notes from last week and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know I didnt tell you on time but I told a few people down here that it was your birthday. I wasnt gonna say anything but since Matt said you were on Noahs ark and since Im a million miles away I thought Id tell ya that when I saw your picture in Nates email I felt the same way when I saw Pres Monsons new profile picture in the Liahona - you both are gettin old!
Al - Valentines day in Brazil went a little like this, when I wrote the date in my planner I thought- oh hey today at district meeting I-ll tell the other american happy valentines day, but when I got there I forgot.... and thats it. They have ´´day of the boyfriends/girlfriends´´ here but its June 12th.
Rhett - Where you at? You been watchin Jimmer ball?
Jor - MUITO obrigado pelo email and the dinh dinh!
Nat - Nat ya look like Kelly Clarkson a year after she won american idol (dont cry)! Good idea to keep the breakfast in bed tradition. I~ll order my brazi junior comp to make me something ha.
Can - I forgot to tell ya how much I appreciated your last email. Thank you. PLUS I got your package! hallelujahs!!! Thanks so much.
Mat- Did that guy really say his brain doesnt work? You better find a correios to write me!
Nick - Nice shades
Nate - I got your email but you mustve not gotten my response.For sure Avery will be born in Feb- the best month. sem duvidas. Your portuguese is awfully good haha dá para entender.

No comments:

Post a Comment