Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Matt: Feb 2nd 2011

Dearest most awesome family in the world,
This week was a good 'un. One of the highlights (more like lowlights) was teaching the law of chastity to two 13 year old boys. ha ha ha que bagunça! One of the kids who came up to us and said "Elder I want to get baptized." is making some rockin progress and is set to get wet this Saturday. We taught him about repentance yesterday. And we said, "If Ramon (his member friend) wears his earrings, realizes he shouldn´t, takes them out, asks God for forgiveness, and then puts them right back in after he´s done praying, is that real repentance?"
NO it´s not, because repentance is a change of heart.
"That´s exactly right Cleiton. Repentance is when you change. One thing that you should change Cleiton, is you need to wear a shirt. Not just on sunday at church, but everyday of the week"
Alright will do.
Ha ha I´ve seen this kid with a shirt on 5 times. All five were sundays that he came to church. This is the same kid that when we went to play soccer at the church, after taking 15 minutes to do up my ankle braces and switch my shoes so I could play better; he bends down takes off his flip flops and was ready to go... Anywho today as we left our house we saw Cleiton riding his bike... wearing a shirt. :)
We´re doing some good work down here in the dirty south, and overall things are going great. Transfers are next week and I´m pretty sure I´ll be heading out. It´s kinda sad knowing you´re not going to see the baptism of a few rockstar investigators including the family of gold that I wrote about last week, but I think it´ll be good to see some change.
I love you all fam. I love you all individually and pray for yallsies every night. Yes indeedy corn cobs!

Love, Elder Matt Gagon

PS- if you see any of my friends or any hunnies that might know or remember me tell them I am still alive and love receiving letters ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment