Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Friday, March 4, 2011

Michael: March 2nd, 2011

Dear Family!
Another week flew by. It was good. Including a baptism and confirmation. Vanusa Francisca Gomes! Mother of 5. We´re working with 2 of her children that live with her and are of baptismal age. Probably gonna baptise her daughter Sara on Saturday. One day while we were teaching her I heard the TV going and the song from Clueless start ``Looking out a dirty old window....´´ so ya Clueless was on TV. Haha These things probably shouldnt be that cool but they come as such surprises...
There were 3 nights last week where the crazy Mission Ward leader, Jose, and his wife drove us to one of the neighborhoods furthest from where we live (It´s got Jungle in the name) to teach people where there arent any members (there was almost one, the SNAKE, Elsa, from last week). And Jose tells every adult man we see there that our plans our to open a church (branch) there and make him President of it haha. All their wives think its a great idea. But Jose wanted to visit ´´the lady that was in church sunday´´ (snake/ Elsa), and I explained what happened but he thought he could help so I decided we could go. It was so awkward. We get there and while Jose was making small talk with her kids Elsa was staring at me.... And I tried to avoid her eyes for as long as I could but when I looked at her she put her head down and started to cry.... Then Jose asked if we could say a prayer and she said NO, and got way mad - then went off saying ´´I made a proposal to him (me) and he didnt accept it. I ran into my room crying and he disappeared without saying bye to me and never came back.´´ Then she turned to me saying ´´What happened Elder do you think Im a monster? Is it cause Im poor, uneducated?....´´ and just then I got a call from someone and left the room and stayed outside until they were done. WOOF!
Matt - As much as I wanna xingar you I myself cant deny that there exists many cute Brasileiras of all ages. Dont worry about sending me a white tie, I mooched one from someone I taught one day.
I had the opportunity to give me second talk in sacrament meeting here but I generously gave it to my Jr comp :).
I can totally imagine scatting Jungle Book with Mom and Rhett but not sure if its reality either.
Carnival is definately getting closer, me and my comp had a drunk follow us too a good 10 blocks just yelling a bunch of stuff and touching us and I tried everything to shake him. Crossing streets, doing the fake ball toss you do with dogs, but we ended up hiding in a members house until he stopped banging on the door and we heard him go harrass someone else. Nossa.
Well thats about it Fam!
Jor- Vamos logo pra Nates cabin quando eu voltar! And eat all your yummy comida.
Nate- hahaha thats awesome you do all you can to induce labor ... Im countin on next week. So Nat what happened on Sunday with the ´´false alarm´´ did you just pee a little bit?
I love you all! Miss you. Beijos e Abraços!
Elder Michael David Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment