Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Michael: March 23rd 2011

Dear family.
Thank you for all the emails. Its was great and sad to hear of Nena. Although expected to hear it at some time, it was a shock. But somehow more than ever I had been thinking about her and the plan of salvation etc. this week. I read a few of Gordon B Hinckley´s last conference talks, and he talks about his age in each one of them and his thoughts looking back on his life. Theyre great talks. So grateful for our modern day prophets, Im grateful for God, and for knowing his gospel.
I got to my new area at about 630 AM Friday morning. Wednesday night was spent with the mission secretaries, we set up the chapel for the conference with Ulises S Soares the next day, and while we were setting up got a call from President saying he forgot his keys to the Mission office, and needed us to come ASAP to open it up for him and his wife and Elder Soares and his wife. So we ran outside to get a cab and it started to pour. We showed up at the office soaking wet and met the Seventy and his wife. Then while He was meeting with our President we helped set up refreshments for them and later enjoyed the left overs. We spent the night with the secretaries - had the conference the next day - spend another afternoon with the secretaries and then went to get our bus at midnight. Slept that night on the bus and got here Friday morning like I said.
So this last transfer came as a surprise, as I said it came a week early, and in my last house we had to wash our clothes by hand, so I left Veneza with a suitcase full of dirty clothes- but due to two days with my dirty clothes in a suitcase before I could wash them in my new area, I discovered mold on my laundry bag! (that I cant get out). Bug Luckily none on the clothes, just the laundry bag.
The area here is good. Its really big and really flat! - and Im serving in my first branch. My zone and district leader (cause there is only one other dupla of missionaries in this city) is Elder Eve, my 3rd comp, and my new comp is Elder Huntsman from Las Vegas, age 22, haha.
Anyway Im liking the area, the work is good. I hope you guys have a great week, that this time of family is uplifting.

Dad- thank you so much for your emails. One of the small and simple things that brings to pass great happiness.
Al- Thank you always for your emails - your girls quotes are so funny.
Matt- Interesting how the ´´best week´´ was the weeks you´re workin your hardest. Keep it up, you are being my example. And I heard that its illegal to send money in envelopes and Correios scans for it- so no I didnt get the money OR the letter (thanks though) and I hope you dont go to jail.
oooh, A guy in my last area is a mail man and gave me one of his uniform shirts!!
Jor- I was so happy to hear you´re having a boy that I think I might read that email again!!! Parabens.
Nate- Im happy that Averys birth was a monumental spiritual experience. I cant even imagine. I hope your Journal is close by. Parabens on your new calling also. I hope you make a difference in the lives of the Young men in your stake!
The rest of yáll, I love you and hope to hear from you soon.
Sorry so short!
Love, Elder Michael D Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment