Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Matt: April 6, 2011

Dear fam,
Wassup? So this week was just like a brain whirl pretty much. We´re working good here in Vila Tebas and will probably baptize that elect 12 year old girl this weekend. Anywho this week there was a typhoon that came through our neighborhood causing mass destruction and flooding for like 30 minutes and then left. Some of the destruction that happened was 2 of the roof tiles of that really old lady who we baptized's house (<-grammar check?) flew off. So me and Elder Allgaier went out there in the rain, grabbed 2 other roof tiles and a ladder and covered up the whole in her house. Right after we did that it stopped raining, but it was still cool.
The highlight of this week was mos def gen conf!!! Oh my heck I love general conference! It was really wierd though cuz inbetween the sessions when they were showing the Rome temple thing and the David Archuleta Christmas concert, some actor named Michael York came up and when he started to talk I heard the voice of my beloved Valiant 10 primary teacher, and Father&Son´s salmon chef of the year 2001- Henrique DeAgostini! Ahhh it was so great. Even though he wasn´t speaking English I could just tell that it was his voice and it was such a welcome sound. I think he did a voice over for President Monson too. I got to watch all the sessions in English except for Sunday morning, and my favorite talks were by Elder Christofferson, the 70 who talked about being vs doing, and Elder Holland, and Elder Oaks' was pretty good too... I am so greatful we have a living prophet and apostles in these days. What I took away from this gen conf was basically that ALL youngsters should go on missions and then come back and get married!
So yeah that´s pretty much it. I love you all.

til next week. Tchau!

-Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment