Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Michael: April 13, 2011

Dear Family!
So this week has just been uneventful work, with the exception of a baptism, Joice age 24. She had been going to another ward for a while and been taught before. She was already marked for baptism I just had to finish her off.
In this emergency transfer I was called as District leader. The other senior companion has 2 more weeks left of his mission and was bitter that he wasnt called. In district meeting I had deja vu of the day I taught YSA class back home. Just trying to fill the time. As an all-around missionary and person I feel I still need to learn to grab the bull by the horns.
In our new house there isnt any hot water so at night I go into the bathroom, shut the door, turn on the shower, get my hair wet, and then just sit in there for a while on the toilet so my comp thinks Im showering, and doesnt get grossed out cause Im really not. Its not as hot these days so I dont sweat as much anyway. We used all our money to get to our new area and email so I went this week with: no toothbrush- I forgot mine in my last area (I did have toothepaste though), no shampoo (that I prob wouldnt be using anyway), no food besides lunch- (fasting on sunday was a walk in the park), and no Toilet paper- I remember saying ´´you know you´re on a mission when you blow your nose with a plastic bag´´, but now I say ´´you are a missionary when you blow your nose in your hands and then wash them in the sink´´.
I had the awesomest dream! We were at Candaces state championship soccer game and it was Golden Goal and she made a beauty of a goal to win the game. Then the whole fam stormed the field, me leading the charge and after all the girls on the team got done hugging and dog piling Candace the fam took pics together and since Can was MVP she was in a pink Bunny suit! It was one of those dreams you wake up wondering where you were/ where you´d been cause it was so real.
We taught a less active Spaniard living here that served in WWII - he pulled down his pants and showed us his bullet wound on his inner thigh without us asking him to ha.
Other highlight of the week was at the ward activity, a less active member known for being a druggy showed up and during one of the games he had to do an impression of a chicken laying an egg, hahaha maybe you had to see it but it was perfect.

Nate- Yes I know Steve Richards, he´s in my group of friends, he will get home from his mission in July. I know his brother Spencer too. His Dad owns Creamies!!! Score. I didnt realize your stake included Pepperwood. Look for Bug Doug at the Stake Priest/Laurel activity!

Eu os amo ate a morte!
Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment