Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Friday, January 28, 2011

Michael: Jan 19, 2011

Hey Family
EMERGENCY TRANSFER!
Hey Family. I was emergencied transfered from Sevilha back to Veneza where I came from. So I left the church where there is no drinking fountain and everyone uses the same cup at the water cooler, and Im back to the temple-like grandona church! Another cool thing is Elder Brown is now in the other ward that comes to this chapel so I saw him Sunday, whooh!
So ya some people here think I never left, some dont remember me from the 6 weeks I was here and think Im new - but a lot of people were happy to see me so it was good. Others were more like ´´Oh, you again..´´
Overall I think it was a great change, having a toilet being one of the big pluses. (I think the Elders back in Sevilha are gonna get caught throwing pee off the balcony cause pee STINKS SO BAD!)
My new companion is Elder Valenta! Another Kentuckian, from Nicholasville.... Adam?
I got everyones packages, Al Jor and Nat, and Rhettika your letter! Heres one big OBRIGADAO!! Jor your pictures are amazin´ I loved!
Last week I ate what tasted like Dads teryaki stir fry and a few days before his other more chicken fajita style stir fry which was one of the best things ive eaten here! Miss ya pa! Another one of the best things we eat once in a while is stroganof? Except they make it with Chicken, Green Olives and Rice, in stead of Beef, Mushrooms and Noodles.
One of the not so good things I ate a while ago was cow stomach.
So also in this emergency transfer I was made Senior. So Ive had a pit in my stomach for 4 days... Its not easy but Im learning faith and prayer. I dunno what more to say about that.
If you guys feel up to it I thought you guys could send me stuff I could give to my future converts, cheap CTR rings, a cool book mark for scriptures, stuff like that...? Just little things theyve got at DesBook, i dunno. We can talk more about it.
Last friday night I saw a gang rollin around on horses haha, 8 thugs just mobbin the streets on horse back, loved it.
Im glad you guys liked my pictures but now im back at this lan house where its sketchy to send them, sorry.

Al - So excited you are having a boy!! You have a guitar? Also, from last week, loved your email about your mission and that picture. Ive reflected a lot about it these days. Your girls are the cutest, and I think its awesome youve got a violin student! Do you think you could help me with cello when I get back?
Oh ya which reminds me, a couple sacrament meetings ago we sang the hymn to the music of Go Tell Aunt Rhody haha!
Rhett - I bought me a fanny pack a few weeks ago! LOVE IT! Ive taken a couple verbal blows but I also think people will consider one for themselves.
Jor - Obrigado pelo email. Será que Bear is barking to his parents in Vietnam? I liked hearing about them, so cool!
Can - I noticed your state ring as part of your halloween get up hahahah. I have TWO! Oh wait, so do you and you played a lot. All-state!
Matt - keep up the good work! Oh and I dunno if you já have too but I met a girl named Ruth (hoochie)
Nick - Glad to hear youre a good helper at the Michels, you look SICK in football gear w/ your pink nic nacs.

We had a lesson on keeping the Sabbath Day Holy and I really felt the importance of it and how I couldve done better before. I heard a quote by Im not sure which prophet or apostle that says ´´Sitting home doing nothing isnt sanctifying the Lords day´´ mais ou menos. And this one guy said this other phrase that I liked a lot ´´If you want something to happen that never has, you have to do something you have never done before.``
I hope everyone is reading the Book of Mormon, and making it to the temple, and I strongly encourage reading the Conference Talks. Family I love and am grateful for you more than I can put in words!

Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment