Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Friday, January 28, 2011

Matt: January 19th, 2011

Querida amada bondosa familia of mine,
What be the happy haps? This week has been pretty sweet. We found this family, complete with parents who are LEGALLY MARRIED, a daughter, and a son of GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD! haha (10 minute Brazilian soccer "goal!") They are so great. The mom is from Michael´s land of Minas Gerais, and it turns out they´ve already had the missionary lessons before, but right now things are just clickin like chicken. We asked the dad, who isn´t the sharpest crayon in the box, to be baptized and right away he gave us a Scooby Doo, "uhhh ROH KAY!" but when we asked the mom she was like "umm I think we should wait and talk about this as a family and see what comes of it." So we went back there last night and her daughter who is a practicing Catholic was there, but we taught them about the Book of Mormon and it went over pretty well, so we´ll probably re-pop the question later this week. Also this week we had 2 youngsters (10 and 13 yrs old) come up to us and say "Elder I want to be baptized." anyone who has ever served a mish can imagine the joy and just how awesome it was to hear that, and when I did all I could get out was, "uhh ROH KAY!" So the 10 year old is a girl named Jessica, and we taught her with her mom and sister and I´m hoping that maybe all 3 will come to know the truth as much as the one already has and be baptized as well. The 13 year old is a thug named Cleiton. He´s friends with that yahoo Ramon who I traded my electric bug tennis racket to. We taught him about the restoration and he´s got a few lights upstairs that he needs to turn on, but he´s awesome. We´re going to his house today to tell his mom that he wants to get baptized and have a kneeling prayer and all that good stuff, because I´m pretty sure his mom doesn´t like the missionaries. All in all this week was really good. Today we went to downtown Curitiba to buy a new camera because my beloved nikon broke a couple weeks back. It was way sweet. It was like a mix of New York City and Rocky Point, Mexico (if that makes any sense).
Al- NEPHEW!!!?!!?!!? WAAAHH! Congratulations that is so exciting! In your pics that you sent it looks like Adam has lost some weight. Maybe those 89 hour work days are paying off in ways you don´t realize.
Jor- life sounds rockin.
Michael- emergency transfer? What the heck?!?
Well that´s pretty much all I´ve got for this week. I love you all with every fiber of my being. Fique firme. I have to echo Michael when I say go to the temple! I am so lucky to have a temple here in my mission where they have cheap stuff for recent converts, and also to provide us with those blessings. Yallsies have 3 that you can see from your house without even moving your head... Also I don´t know when the Brigham City and or Payson Temples are going to be dedicated, but the open houses are are an awesome missionary opportunity. I remember when the Draper Temple had the open house I went with my friend Ryon who isn´t a member and it was super awesome for the both of us. If you have non-member friends, or inactive friends, or just friends who haven´t been through the temple invite them to go to the open house with you, and I promise you it will be a great experience.

Amo todo vocĂȘs com tudo que sou
- Elder Matthew Wright Gegs Gagon I of Curitiba

No comments:

Post a Comment