Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Michael: Dec 29th 2010

Oi familia!
I got transfered, close by, still in Riberao das neves, Pampulha stake, but another ward. It was a branch thats only been a ward for 7 weeks, so prob the smallest ward Ive been in yet. It doesnt have a chapel, its in a strip mall like all the other abominable churches down here. My companion is Elder Silva Souza, yeah a brazilian, and He was my roommate in the CTM!!! We flew here together, and he is basically the best! Hes from your terra matt, Parana! From what Ive gathered he baptises um monte so Im just gonna try not to cramp his style this transfer. Our house is big and nice, a breath of fresh air to get out of my last one.
Laziness gets dangerous when no one wants to clean up the broken glass on the floor.
the only downer (kinda a big one) is that we dont have a toilet. Ok, thats a lie, we have one, its just full to the brim with water (and probably lots of poo..and pee) I havent looked in it, but its been broken for who knows how many months. So, we pee in the shower and take dumps in the womens bathroom in the church across the street. My comp says hes had to poo in a garbage sack sometimes, I feel an accident coming.
It was awesome to talk to everyone Christmas. Did it go by as fast to you guys as it did for me? The next day or two was rough.... But from what I gathered everybody wants to know more about the food.... I dont want to try to describe the fruits Ive eaten here, maybe in the future Ill jsut find out the names.... It really is rice and beans, carne, macarrao all the days, usually with tomatoes on the side. My other favorite side dish is a kind of chicken salad, or tuna, ya know, mixed with mayonaise and then they mix shredded carrots, olives, peas, corn, raisins, stuff like that :).
One time I put my beans in a roll and it tasted kinda like a bean burrito it was so good.
Well family I love you all. Have a great new years. Make some good resolutions to do fam prayer and scrip study and Monday fam night!!! Beijos e abraços Elder Michael

PS
You know youve been here a good while when you dont mind the fruit fly in your cup of juice as long as it doesnt get in your mouth. Then you know youve been here a little longer when you drink the fruit fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment