Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Michael: Sep. 1st 2010 "16%"



Oi familia! Estou bem, things are good, my new comp is good, not as hard of a worker as Elder Brown, and actually kinda lazy so its up to me to kick him in the butt now. Portuguese is only a barrier to our friendship really, I feel like we dont have much in common, we probably dont. But the lingo is good, we had a meeting with some people after church, and I remembered my first meeting my first sunday in the field where I could only catch words here and there, and I see the progress. Its good. But man is it tough for someone to hear someone say they dont understand you...

Well, This is gonna be short too, just cause Its tough to think of news, like Matt I'm not full of spiritual experiences, and kinda whining today, our baptisms for sunday didnt show up and are kinda running from us, my companion is just doing his own thing....and doing it lazily. I dont think he trusts me cause I'm a) so new, and b) got us lossed the day of transfers. I was deep into my letters that I got, Jor I got yours, and long story short I kept saying no were not there yet when we had passed our house, but man I tell you its not easy to find your way around these streets. luckily we got a map now.




But ya, uh not CRAZY stuff but mission experiences, Moms pulling out their breasts to feed their 18 month old son during a lesson, check. And there was a dead cat on the grass in front of our church for about a week, until my companion decided to throw it away ourselves... It was pretty funny I wish I got a picture, for a couple days (we passed by it everyday) there was a beer bottle on the ground in its paw, and the cat was dead lying on its back, so it looked like the cat was drunk and passed out. Another thing I hadnt seen before is a real man too drunk to stand, at one in the afternoon. But ya the mission is good, I feel the spirit strong, and I just want you guys to live the gospel! live it! I love you all and miss you!
Elder Michael

PS here are a bunch of pictures of some recent converts/familys/friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment