Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Michael: September 29, 2010

Dearest fam! especially JOR! Last p day was one of the best days on the mish, definately of this transfer which is almost over! This time next week I hope to be in a new Lan house somewhere else!!

But OK last sunday ten days ago a visitor came to our ward from out of town and asked my comp for us to teach her uncle, so we went there last Wednesday, and it was this cute twenty something year old girl (you can never tell the age in brazil) and we sat down and her uncle hadnt come home yet so we just started to talk and she asked our names, and I say Sou Elder Gagon, and she smiles and says Gagon, Did you have a sister that served a mission in Sao Paulo, and I say Ya! and she says Whats her name? (Maybe there are lots of SIster gagons in Sao Paulo) ANd I said JORDAN! and she smiled so big and said Mentira!!! (lie) like she couldnt believe it! and she got sooo happy and started to BAWL... and she left the room, and we just sat there the rest of us in silence kinda not knowing what to do, and she came back and was still crying but said, Sorry, Your sister Helped me soo much.

She served in our ward her last area on the mission and helped my mom and me and my family so much, I love her... etc. And so we talked a little more about Jordan but oh Jor, parabens, i hope you feel happy hearing this, I was so grateful to be there and felt so proud of you, and the spirit was so strong, and I just felt how great this work is. ANd to see fruits of your labors was a great experience.

Well fam all is good hear, this is the last week of the transfer, it rained here the past day and a half for the first time which was not so bad to work in, except I found out which of my shoes never to wear again in the rain, 14 hours of soaked feet is never good. I wanna ask for picture of Sasha! and Lake powell/snowbird, (i have a couple, Nat the ones you just sent) but things like that, that show a little where Im from, where Ive been, maybe a pic of Las Vegas... and I want recipes of Salad dressings, guacamole, and Banana bread... Nick or anyone if you could track down Brother Gunnel my old seminary teacher, who now is at Hillcrest, and get me his address I would be soo grateful!!! also The address of bishop christensen, schropher and ward leaders!!

Sunday I gave a talk in sacrament which in my late memory is the worst experience of my life! I just prepared too much material and didnt organize it too well.... SO I was jsut up there making a mess of the gospel and portuguese... But the worst part was half way through my talk I got slipped a note by the less active counselor in our bishopric that said my time had run out hahahaha. Cause it was only suppose to be 10 minutes. But that afternoon all was happy again when I saw monkeys!!! like a dozen of them in a members back yard eating bananas and jumping in the trees, I got about 5 feet from one ha it was cool.

Well I will wrap this up, I already talked to Al about it but if someone could also send me General Conference ASAP, I think we only get to watch 1 of the 5 sessions, and in portuguese sooo. Like a November Ensign or something STAT will be much appreciated. I love you all and pray for you. Miss you a whole heap. Thanks for your prayers and support. tchau! Elder Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment