Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Matt: September 7, 2010

Since when do we have holidays? ha ha I know this is a day late (a buck short, I'm writing the report) but every computer in the greater Murfreesboro area was closed yesterday for Labor Day. Anywho here's the latest:

So remember the hundreds and dozens of mosquito bites that I had (have) all over my body? Well it turns out they aren't mosquito bites, they're hives! So yeah I'm no longer worried about getting west nile, but I am a little worried about Hives cuz I don't know what it means, or what they do besides itch like crazy. The lady who diagnosed me is the same lady who mis-predicted my visa coming 3 weeks ago and she said they are caused by stress. So when she asked me "Are you stressed out about something?" I could only say "Umm he-YEEAAHHUH, I'm on a mission!" and my companions and she were all worried about me wondering what they could do to relieve my stress. So now I get to sleep in until 10 in the morning. HA HA just kidding! I wish though. So yeah I've just been scratching.

Ok so this sunday was fast sunday and I bore my testimony! Holy smokes it only took me 21 years of going to fast and testimony meeting but I finally did it. Mom you would've cried. Rhett you would've too (ha ha jk, I'm sorry that was a low blow) It was a great experience; more for me than the congregation but it was still great. Anywho we knew we would have our investigator there, who's got like 3 PhD's ('for when they are learned they think they are wise') and is out to find (I guess) PURE christianity. So the conducting bishopric counselor before the meeting said "If you'd like to come up and share a Christ based testimony the time is now yours." And that's how fast and testimony meeting should be anyway, but man was the spirit STRONG in that one! Holy moley I would have to say, even though I got up and ranted on about what I knew about Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith for one minute and 54 seconds, it was probably the best fast & testimony meeting I've ever been to.

In other news, BYU went independant in football. WHAAA!!??!! That is sweet! Last Thursday I asked this guy who owns a hot sauce store, that we go to every now and then, where the best place to get bbq was in the surrounding area... Long story short he has been smoking me and my companions a couple slabs of ribs since yesterday which we will have for dinner tonight. So there's some light in the old missionary tunnel. Nick I heard Alta is 0-3. I'm sorry bro that is rough. At least you didn't get cut from the team.

Can- I got your letter. Thank you!
Rhett- I got your letter. Thank you!
Alison- I got your package and letter. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Well that's pretty much all. We might be on the verge of some success... We have to be!
I love all of you, and implore you to do your home and visiting teaching. Orem por meu visto tambem!

No comments:

Post a Comment