Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, August 30, 2010

Matt: August 30, 2010

Dear Family,

Ok so this is going to be short cuz we are in the Murfreesboro public library and they have the crappiest system on earth and so I only have 34 minutes a la the MTC. So this week was another week to learn humility and patience. Mine and Elder Smith's new companion is from Tremonton, Utah and is named Elder Barnes (yes, like barnes and noble book store) I won't go into full detail describing him to y'allsies cuz I know this ends up on a public blog, however it sufficeth me to say I think I have met Grayson Brogdon 2.0... He even went to Snow College. So yeah. Grayson's my boiee. Is he back from New York yet? Also I have over 130 bug bites on my body. I think I have 90 on my arms, and about 28 or so on my left leg, and I just itch all the time! WOOF
Turds, in the MTC I knew I'd only have 30 minutes so I would plan ahead so I would have something to write about, but now I'm scrambling. I heard Alta lost to Cottonwood in a close game decided by fluke plays. That's rough. It's ok Nick, you'll destroy Bingham next week so then you'll be back on track. It kinda helps when the opposing coach has all your inside information, but whatever. So I don't have any cool stories about teaching kids the Grease song in english, or sharting my pants or anything. Heck I don't have any cool stories about anything! We did go over to this guy's house in the neighboring area last week for lunch. It was THE stinkiest house I've ever been in in my entire life! Seriously there is no other house in my memory that smells nearly as bad as that one. When I asked my comp why it stunk to high heaven he simply said, "He has 12 cats." So this inspired me with some more life wisdom. When I grow up (and am living in the promised land of Provo) I am going to have a 2 pet rule. If I have any pets, there will be no more than 2 of them.
So yeah out of the 9 new people we found to teach last week, only 3 of them want to talk to us anymore. So it's kinda rough. And 1 is hindu, which is great, but I have no clue how to teach him that there is 1 God, sabe? We probably had our best lesson with him and his family though, and he keeps the Book of Mormon we gave him in the family shrine where all the other holy books and things are... So yeah. Best 2 years.
Last night we stopped by a member's house just before we had to go home, and she gets the family email of some California missionary, and she read lasts week entry to us..MAN! I felt bad cuz he has these super spiritual experiences to share, and all I can do is ramble on about how I wish things weren't so durn hard, sabe? So I apologize for being a whiner, and for not having anything truly worthwhile to relate to you guys, but I am trying hard. Maybe I deserve this lack of success that I've had thus far, and maybe I shouldn't focus so much on wanting to get to Brasil, cuz the work is going to be just as hard there. I dunno, you live and you learn right?
Alison- omg I got your extra care package and it is the best! Thank you so much!!!
Jor- Para estuda de lingua, eu escrevei uma carta para voce^
Nat- How's the pregnancy?
Nick- Have Candace read Alma 60:6 to you

Anywho I love you all! Keep praying for me and such.
tchau tchau- Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment