Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, August 23, 2010

Matt: August 23rd 2010

Dearest Family,
This week was much better, ha ha I guess the dawn is coming. So in some sad news my companion Elder Adams is being transfered and Elder Smith and I will be training somebody who is currently in the mtc. So that'll be fun to be a greeny and a trainer at the same time. I'll be sad to see Elder Adams go. He's the one from Gilbert, but surprisingly doesn't know any of the McRaes/Keippels/Millers so whatever. He will be missed though.
I've been here for a month! Isn't that wild? And I thought time in the mtc went slow. This week my comps went on exchanges, and in the meantime we found like 9 new investigators! WA WA WEE WOW so yeah one night when one of the zone leaders, Elder Adams, and I were here we went tracting in the rain for like 3 hours and it was the best! We found all these new investigators that will surely be baptized someday. One of them even came to church and stayed all 3 hours. It was funny cuz he kinda has a bit of a swearing issue, and he was actively participating in sunday school and dropped the 'S' bomb and the reaction was kinda funny to see. Anywho this week has been good. That ladies prophecy didn't come true though. I'm still here and no word of the visa :( oh well. So yeah not a ton of news other than that... There is however this giant high school of a church out here called "World Outreach" it's a non-denominational christian church where tons of people in this area go. Anyway this week we found out that Charlie Daniels (I think that's his name) the fiddler who wrote/performed the song "Devil went down to Georgia" and is also in that Geico commercial where they're at the fancy restaurant and he's fiddling like crazy and stomping his boot and then hands the violin back to the tuxedo clad worker and says "That's how it's done son".. THAT GUY lives here in Murfreesboro and goes to World Outreach! Isn't that crazy?!?
So yeah other than that not a ton of news. I handed out a Libro de Mormón (<--woof! it's Livro de Mormon) but even with my fading portuguese and limited spanish we couldn't really teach a lesson or converse much. It was still sweet though... I'm flooding the earth; Ezra Taft Benson style.
I'm learning a ton out here. If nothing else I'm learning how to have a good marriage, and also the value and importance of home teaching and visiting teaching. There are so many people who come to church and are active and faithful so you don't pay too much attention to them, but really they have problems too and just talking to somebody about them is a huge relief. So I implore all of you to go home teaching and visiting teaching!!! Especially if you home teach/visit teach a widow or a divorcee, or a woman living alone, holy moley do they need you to go over there every month. This church is based so much on service and building each other up, so it really has just hit home with me a ton how important it is to get our home teaching done.

Candace, I got your letter and am loving it. Also when I flew out I had to pay for my luggage using my credit card, if you could pay that (a month ago) I would truly, madly, deeply appreciate that. If you have any problems just text me.
Nick- dude football has got to be in full swing. Surely you have something to write me about! (there's nothing to write about, and quit calling me Shirley)
Mom&Dad- How's our food storage? We ought to work on that.
Jor- Sounds like you're having a rockin summer! I skied in the tetons and it was great. No earthquakes though, just some shredded up slopes.

Muito obrigado pelas oracoa~s. Me sinto todos, e agora eu pec,o de voces orar para meu visto :)
Com muito amor-
Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment