Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Michael: August 11th, 2010

Hey family!

I'm more or less 1/8 complete with my mission which really is crazy, not much but at the same time a good chunk. So this will be quick. I had lunch at Irma Abigail's house, and she has a journal of all these missionaries that have served in the ward I am in, and I saw a picture of the Elder in our stake that raved about iogurte and whipped his fingers just thinking about it. We got in our first really contentious bible bashes last night, we didnt exchange scriptures but it was the first time someone looked angry and talked about the bible, but we bore testimony and explained that he really didnt know anything about our church and it went well, but I dont know if that family will get baptised anymore, they committed to a date but then their brother came along and said all the bad things he has heard about the church. Also I met my first jehovas witnesses, really nice lady! So who knows, here aqui pouco I could be going toes again cause she wanted to talk about the bible. And I heard that they believe if you lose a bible bash you have to join that church haha. So they are all way good at it.

One lady in our ward is going to marry an american that lives in Yuma arizona, Do you know the place devin? I talked to him on the phone when we had lunch and I told him meu conhado serviu la. Well we talked in english actually. And devin I had a great idea for you, if its possible, put a yogurt machine on the corner of a street like a snow shack, and just sell one dollar ice cream cones, they do that here and people line up for em. Interesting fact, phone numbers here are all 8 numbers, not 7 like in the states.

Somebody told me I look like Messi, an argentine soccer player, so you could google image him and tell me if thats a good thing or not. I went a whole day without my name badge, I forgot it and it just wasnt worth going back for it.. And its interesting here that people get confirmed a week after their baptisms. Which results in a lot of people baptised and never confirmed....

Well everything is great here. I went to Zone leaders conference yesterday and it was great. I love the gospel, I encourage you all to study it, especially conference talks in the ensign, cause You cant get it all the first time when you watch it, I was reading one today and they are the best, seriously amazing. But I appreciate all the emails, letters (rhett I got yours yesterday!) And prayers. I love you all, think about you all the time, miss you. Love hearing from you. XOXOXO Elder Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment