Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Michael: August 18, 2010







Oi familia! Its my last week of my first transfer, thats the latest milestone. I was flying high this morning, pumped on Liahonas and letters. Just to confirm, Nate J and Jordan I got your letters/ package. THANK YOU! They were both great. Then I had all these problems with my email again, the secretary of our mission has been on the phone with Engineers in Salt Lake ha nobody can figure out why my email doesnt work.. So Im writing from Elder Browns email, hopefully I get it worked out here soon though.

First thing! There is a girl in our ward that is going to BYU Idaho, she is flying to Salt Lake today so will land tomorrow, and I gave her a letter for Mom Dad Nick and Nena, cause I didnt know what kind of stuff she was willing to bring for me, so I didnt buy any treats, but I offered her money so she could get somethin for you guys, but she didnt take my money and said she would bring you treats... SO I gave her some Phone numbers, so everybody be attentive tomorrow, and willing to meet her at the freeway or something. I dont know when she will call, or what she is going to bring, but I do know that a brasilera from my ward will be there and try to bring you something.

So not tons of new stuff, we are looking to have 2 baptisms this sunday, a young man, 15 and a young mother, 26 or so. Those should happen, and should be good. Its tough my favorite person, this lady Eliane we might have to stop teaching her cause she is lazy with her commitments, but its so hard cause I know she is so close to making the best decision of her life, but just has doubts, and maybe now is just a time for me to learn that some will come so close and not accept it, and you gotta move on. That was kinda a tough day yesterday, (I wonder if you guys really understand this story but I am trying to give details) we visited her in her salon, shes a hair dresser, and 2 other ladies were there. Not really a spiritual setting, and my companion did all the talking, basically said we did our part and we did our part, now its on you to pray about it. But I feel like another time, without her friends there we can help talk about her doubts. And I was trying not to cry, thinking that we are leaving things like that. I hope you get where Im coming from ha and not just saying cool story hansel right now. Cause this lady is soo nice and soo good and I hate to see this happen.

We had a crazy spiritual lesson with Helena, the lady we are going to baptise this week. We brought a member with us, Euseli, who has been a member for only 2 months. and Helena started talking about how different she felt with us the first time we taught her, and how much better she has felt the past week, and how much she liked church. To hear someone, who has only learned about the church for a week, testify of the difference it has made, and then to hear a member of only 2 months testifying to an investigator of the difference was beautiful. She is so new to the church and is already helping others come unto Christ.. She hates skirts, but started wearing them to church a couple weeks ago. And then when we asked her to come teach with us, she went into her room and changed into a skirt, without us asking her to. It was kinda funny but it was awesome to see how this church changes people for the better and blesses us. I hope you understand that story too.

Some other things, I found out my companion from the CTM went home, so that was sad. My companion loves Justin Beiber, he can hear him a mile away, its kinda amazing, one time after sacrament meeting he asked if I heard that car drive by playing Baby. My favorite thing here Ive decided are the paderias, the bakerys. Theyve got all kinds of sweet rolls and cheese breads and chicken filled hot pockets basically, and plus just amazing fresh rolls.

Natalie I have a name for you if its a girl, Elizangela! Im kinda drawing blanks on anything else to write.I attached some pictures, one of some clown singing on the side of the street, I dunno what he is trying to advertise, but there is an even funnier guy I dont have a picture of yet, that has a suit and plays a little ukelele looking guitar, and hes so old its awesome. Number 2, the party bus, Ive only seen this train one other time at night, and it lights up soo cool and blasts kid music, and I guess péople just go for a ride on the party train. Then just me walking up a hill in my area, another landscape of my area, a blurry night land scape, and lastly, a new car that can finally seat our whole fam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment