Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, August 16, 2010

Matt: August 16th, 2010

Dearest Family,

Greetings from the dead center of Tennessee. So I really don't have much to say about this week. The work is going a bit roughly, but we're working with what we've got and trying to get more to work with. Did you get my letter I sent last tuesday? If you want to respond to that, I would love it. Fetcharooski I honestly have no cool or interesting stories to share! ha ha except the one investigator we are working with is dating a member and she more or less prophecied that I would get my visa this Thursday, so hopefully that happens. E' a coisa so' que eu quero mais do que todo mundo, e tenho fe' que o vai acontacer. Tambem eu creo que falando em portugues, o vai ajudar alguma maneira (?).

Mom- did you get an email from a sister Kathy Martin? We went and did service at her house on tuesday and it was awesome! Seriously I just cut down trees for like 2 hours and it was the best. Anywho she took a picture of me and said she was going to email it to you. Hopefully you got that.
Can- good to hear from you ha ha. That's great that Derek and Kristin tied the knot.
Nat- Thanks for the letter and pictures and candy! omg that was great.
Michael- Os Strokes! O batedor(?significa drummer) deles e' Brasileiro. O nome dele e' Fabrizio Moretti, e quando eu estive no MTC, quando foi um pesquisador meu nome sempre foi 'Fabrizio' porque dele. Ele e' o cara! ha ha ha eu ensino meus companheiros algumas palavras em portugues, como: legal, brincadeira, serio, e estou serio.
Nick- Football has got to be starting soon right? Send me some updates about that and your life in general. I saw your horse mane in the pics Natalie sent me. WOOF!

Well that's pretty much all I've got. ha ha I told you it'd be short. However I'll leave you with my latest missionary mental musing. You know on the movie Dark Knight where they say "the night is always darkest just before the dawn"? That's kinda how I feel in Murfreesboro right now ha ha ha. I dunno. I also heard a similar quote that goes "the night is always darkest just before it goes pitch black" so hopefully Murfreesboro takes a turn towards the former and not the latter.

OH here's an interesting story: On Sam's club saturday (we go there for the hot dog lunch deal on sabado) we were walking through the parking lot and this car came down the aisle and as it got closer I looked at it and saw there was this guy (shirtless of course) sitting in shotgun, and NOBODY in the driver seat! Ha ha ha it was wild...Anywho that is all. Now I get to go play basketball which is like manna from heaven, but for my soul.

tchau tchau y'allsies
-Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment