Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Friday, July 2, 2010

Matt: July 2, 2010

Dear Family,

I don't have tons of time so I'll start with the important things: Nate the Fantastic, you found my SKIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH my gosh that is the best news a man could hear. Ok so I don't know if the rest of you heard, but I met my mission president last week. It was awesome. Their name is Cordon (like Gordon, not Cordon Bleu) and he served in Argentina and his wife served in Portugal. Should be sweet. Also my friend (anybody that you know while in the MTC is your friend) Steve Hewett is in my same mission and is an AP right now so that'll be cool to see him if I ever get my visa. Speaking of Visas, It's everywhere you want to be. ha jk no Elder Marxy got his visa!!! Mosca tempo! so yeah he heads out on tuesday and I will most likely be comps with Elder Baldwin, who turned 19 yesterday. I am really excited for that cuz he's a farm boy and is really smart, and will be a great comp... Oh I met a guy from Curtiba in the laundry room (cool story Hansol) and a lawn care guy who went there so that was cool. He says it gets pretty cold, but if this mtc food has done anything for me it is prepare me for cold weather.... So the reunion sounded grand! Can I loved your letter about the taco and hot dog trucks that catered the Wright reunion. Dad that stinks you didn't get to go.. Does anyone know what happened to Nick, or my friends? I have written letters. I know Nick was alive cuz he picked out the greatest candy in the world for my package 2 weeks ago (I never said thanks for that package p.s., so THANK YOU!)...... Maybe someone should call the cops and file a missing persons report..

Oh so I saw Greg Anderson. That was neat. Right after I saw him E. Sasquatch and I had a teaching appointment with Irmao Campbell in order for us to get better at portuguese. He challenged to his "Portuguese challenge of awesomeness and bodacity!" which is for us to speak only in Portuguese for the next 3 days. It was going good until our district found out, and they re-challenged everybody to do it for the next two years, not just 3 days...woof.

So I heard Brazil lost?!?!?!? What is up with that?

Ok that's all I wrote down in my notes, so now I'll freestyle: Remember how my teacher/2nd best friend met that cool girl here after we prayed for him? Well he got a sub for tomorrow, cuz on Wednesday he asked her dad if he could marry her and he said yes, and now he is taking up to his home in Montana to meet the fam/propose... ha ha ha isn't that the BEST?!?!?!?! That is Provo magic at its finest. I can't wait to live here. que mais?

Lake Powell (for those that went) sounded awesome. This winter at work I tried to get good at snowboarding so that I went wakeboarding before my mission I would be real good.. So much for that idea ha ha. The Ruf's rock huh? Was Briggs there with his kick behd? ha ha

Do you guys remember that part in Benjamin Button when he sees Cate Winslett (woof!) and says, "To most she would seem plain as paper, but to me she was the most beautiful thing in the woild." I think that describes a lot of the sisters here na CTM...just saying

Ok that is all... Portuguese is actually pretty sweet. Me likey

Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment