Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Friday, July 9, 2010

Matt: July 9, 2010

Dear Fam,

What is up? So bad news. I sprained my ankle and it is wicked hurty. It happened playing basketball, and it is on my left ankle (the good one) too. Woof! So I have been crutching around the mtc for 2 and a half days and my upper body is way sore from it. Also my companion Elder Baldwin can only fit so many things on his tray at meal times, so we have both been eating like birds and probably losing weight. Muito triste.

In a related basketball story the other day in gym before I sprained the ankle I got dunked on. It was so terrible! This giant of a man who probably turned down multiple college offers to serve a mission pulled the criss-cross-and-toss, and just blew past me on his way to a legit in game dunk. So that sucked. Seriously this guy was amazing, but I don't want to spend my 30 minutes of email describing the sheer talent of this guy so I'll move on.

How cool was stadium of fire?!? We had a special America/religious freedom pageant after which the MTC pres. let us go out and watch fireworks AFTER CURFEW! I didn't even get into bed until 11:05!!! ha ha anyway the banana shaped fireworks were my fav. You guys were right there, so I'll bet that was way sweet. Was Carrie Underwood sweet?

Umm other than that not a lot has gone on here na ctm. Elder Marx left to the Sao Paulo mtc which was bitter-sweet and then me and Elder Baldwin have just been becoming better acquainted.

OOOOHHHH guess what! I saw Jill and Craig(?) Bergman aunt Kathy's friend! It was so great! I guess they are going to the St. George mission, so that will be cool. She gave me a hug and had me say "hi" to aunt Kathy into her phone which is why I think I was cursed with this sprained ankle. Dang Sister Bergman.. (I always thought it was Birdman) anywho I guess Michael went into the field this week so that should be sweet for him. ha ha ha I just barely got his letter about how false doctrine is all the rage down in the CTM down there ha ha. Me and Elder Baldwin think that's why we were sent here, cuz we would have too much fun with that.

Well that's all I can think of. Love you all. Tchau

Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment