Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Friday, July 16, 2010

Matt: July 16, 2010

Dear Family,

Greetings from Provo, Utah aka The Promised Land. ha ha Oh man this week has been pretty mundane. I'm getting into the thick of the MTC blues. I leave here in like 14 days or something like that... maybe less. I never was a math major. So yeah not a lot to write about. Mom I guess Duke head butted you and knocked you clean over huh? ha ha that is truly hilarious. If you want to get him back the vacuum is in the hall closet... Ok so Sunday night we had a devotional and it was Jenny Oaks Baker, the violinist daughter of the Apostle Dallin H Oaks. Anywho it was SOOO good! She would talk a little bit about her life, and then play an accompanying hymn and it was just majestic. Al- didn't you play with her? Nat- remember when we went to the symphony after mom ran my foot over and we scooby dooed up to the balcony so we could sit by him, and they tried to make us move, but I had crutches so they felt bad and let us stay? That was sweet. Anyway it just motivated me to listen to classical music. A luxury I will be able to do once I leave this place..

Ok so in a fireside a few weeks ago they told us about the new mormon.org. Have you guys heard about it yet? It's basically you create a profile or page and just share a picture of yourself and your testimony. They've made whole videos with some people and one of them is really funny. Anyway the elder from Beaver Utah said it's the "mormon facebook" which we then re-nick named the "facebook of Mormon" or FBOM for short. ha ha ha That never gets old. Anywho y'allsies should check it out. The guy said "this is the reason God created the internet, so we could spread the gospel digitally and reach people that are searching through this medium" I'm not sure how I feel about the FBOM but I think it is somewhat of a good thing.

What else? Dad garage sailing season is nigh! If you could, look for skis with GOOD bindings, and try to buy them for cheap. It's all part of my master plan which I probably already told you about. If you don't know if a binding is good or bad, compare it to the bindings on my Rossignols. If it's close to that it's good.

Nat&Nate- Thanks ffor the suitcase! I loved it and I loved the letter. Sounds like you guys have some good times planned ahead ;)

OH thanks for the ties too. I love them all equally, but differently, like children. My whole district wishes they were their ties and they all like to borrow and it's fun.

Michael- What the heck, TAY BROWN IS YOUR COMP?!?!?!??!?!!!?!? That is way freaking crazy!

Also I learned that in Brazil comida (the word for food) means rice and beans. ha ha so if they say "Voce quer comida?" expect some beans and rice.

Al- You have a letter on it's way, but I forgot to put in there Send me some of those spiced nuts that we had, and that you sent before. but NOT the pecans. woof

Nick- Dude write me back. I heard about Griffin Call. I am so sorry bud. I have no words of advice or sympathy or anything for you. I'm just sorry to hear that.

OH if you guys would send me the pictures I took of work I would love that!!!! It's just different views of Solitude covered in the deep gnar gnar pow pow. But yeah I really want those pictures.

Oh lastly, How American is having a garage sale? Seriously we have so much excess that we try to sell our old crap. everywhere else this is how they earn their living

No comments:

Post a Comment