Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Michael: July 13th, 2010








Dear family,
I~ve been having problems with my email so I am on my new companions email address. Elder Brown, Alta high class of 2008, haha its pretty crazy, today is P day so I haven~t done much but I met him this morning, we just went to our house and dropped off my bags, unpacked a few things and came here to email. So ya E Brown was an SBO with me, he is a year older, played basketball, I was good friends with his brother a year younger than me, Jordy. So yesterday we just traveled, woke up a little earlier, went to the airport, waited for our flight, flew about an hour and a half, and our Mission President and his wife were there to meet us with two elders the mission secretaries, from their we took a bus about an hour, and then walked a ways to the mission home with all our luggage, then we went to the Presidents home for lunch, very good! And then walked back to the mission home for training on rules etc, and got interviewed. Then we had dinner and went to our hotel where we slept. Just two of us in a room, they were very small rooms, but it was nice. I could barely sleep.

I´m nervous and scared ha but Im glad Ive got a friend for a companion. We havent spoken in Portuguese so far today so we will see if my language will struggle because of this. But over all, huge blessing! and what are the chances? So, since I am using his email address, I didnt get to read any of my emails from this last week, Rhett I got your first letter that went to the mission home, Natalie and Nate I got your package, I got it a while ago but I forgot who it was from cause I didnt see the pictures or the letters, I dumped everything out and it was just candy so after a few days I forgot who it was from, and because Jordan I had just gotten your package a few days before so I got them mixed up! So yes, thank you all! Your letters are so great.

I just found out that we only get letters every six weeks or so, cause you send them to the office and we only get them every time we have an interview, or a meeting... I dunno, I just know it takes a long time! But I~ve got more time to email, So that is good. I can send pictures. I´m doing good! I havent started to work yet really cause its p day but I will tonight. So Im gonna wrap this up, these are pictures of my roomates, and a couple other friends, my teachers, my teachers fiance who was my substitute too...my view from my room in the ctm, sao paulo, the garden at the ctm.... ya Well guys I have a letter on the way with cooler stuff. Im doing good! I love you all and miss you all! please pray for me, I pray for you xoxoxoxo Elder Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment