Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Matt: July 23, 2010

Dear Family,

Greetings from the mtc or "Spirit Prison". ha ha I heard that the other day and I loved it. Ok so first off, Dad thank you so much for getting all that stuff to me lickity split. I got my drivers license renewed and all is well. So thank you for all that. I'm gonna mail some stuff back including my birth certificate and my SS card so be expecting it.

So I'm sure mom has told you by now, and it is true, I'm going to Nashville Tennessee until my visa comes! I'm excited to leave. Actually I'm nervous just because I don't ever feel ready, and I especially feel overwhelmed to be going to the Bible Belt where they will rip me apart and then feed me dog or possum.

Ok so this week has been crazy in light of all this news! I saw Greg Miller. We have the same lunch time so that is neat. Dad I hope those name badge pins are in the package you are sending me :)

Candace: I've been having to buy a bunch of stuff soo that's why there's been a lot of activity on my account. Plus we're supposed to have 100 dollars in travel money so that's why I withdrew so much. Also if you could send me a picture of Devin on his mission when he was fat I would love that. OH and you know that knife thing you do where you "cut people's heads off"? Well in Brazil they kinda do that, but it's when they are splitting up teams or drawing lines in the sand or things like that, but the reason I tell you is cuz when they do it they say " A faca caia aqui!" and it is hilarious and awesome, so you can say that when you do that (it translates to "the knife falls here" ask Jor for pronunciaation)

Did you guys get a picture of me from Jill Bergman? She took one, but I don't know iiff you got it.

Other than that not a ton has happened. We'rree all just getting ready to be shipped out so yeah that should be rad. I'm gonna miss tthe MTC. This place is the best.

Oh so on tuesday when I was "hosting" this Benz-o pulls up and guess who is inside seeing off his brother in law? Brian Kehl the Brighton high school/ BYU/ New York Giants linebacker!!!! And after he walked past me and then came back I stopped him and said, "Hey you're BBrian Kehl right?" and he was like "yeah" and I just told him I was a fan and he stopppeed and asked where we were all going and was even like "tudo bom" at the end of all this aannd it was way sweet cuz he was one of my all time byu faves before this, so yeah it rocked.

Dad/family- do you remember that month where you/dad brought home thhaatt 9 lbs. bag of corned beef and we had Reuben sandwiches for like a month? Thatt was the best!

How is garage sale season coming? I'll bet the east benches are just littered with crappy skis with good bindings, for 5 dollars a peice, and if not I will pray there will be, and then it will happen.

So yeah not a whole lot moore to write. Mom&Dad it was nice to talk to you on the phone.

Nick- Your letteerrs are HILARIOUS! Oh my gosh both of them are in the letter hall of fame. Keep writing cuz it sounds like you are rocking at life.

I guess the cat is out of the bag with Natalie and Nate's pregnancy. Congrats! I pray for HIM(!!!) every night.

So yeah tchau. Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment