Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Michael: July 28th 2010

Hello everyone!

Family, I got letters this week from Jor and Rhett so you know they made it. Rhett still dont have your email for sure. This week was good!

I think I will baptize on sunday! We taught these two ladies who are 38 and 32 and live together in a one bedroom house... they both have short butch hair (one had cancer but still) and they have model cars on the shelves, So for a while we were thinking uh oh, lesbos, which would have sucked cause they are as golden as an investigator could be... But law of chastity went smooth! We noticed another mattress leaned up against the wall, so i think they should pass their interviews tomorrow and if they choose me, I could get wet sunday ha. I dumbed that story down a bit but it was intense for a while wondering what to do- but where was our faith? They were good all along.

So a little about my area, I live outside of the city Belo Horizonte, so it's a big city but not down town, no tall buildings, just normal. Our area is richer I hear. my stake/zone is BH oeste, and ward/area is progresso. Its nice we get lunch every day SO delicious from members. And I became grateful for this yesterday when I met Elder Wellard. I met him in the mission home, I was having an interview, and he was going to the hospital. He was telling us this story like it was nothing, which made it so much funnier, his branch I guess if you could call it that, is 25 members or so... So he doesnt get lunch, and he has to travel a lot on bus because its far from where they live.. He has NO money, and No food, ever ha. He said he found a bag of flour for cheap, and all they had in the house was sugar. And they ran out of propane for the stove, so they thought they'd use the warm water from the shower. For awhile there he was living off flour sugar water hahaha! I was crying when he told me this laughing so hard. He said we had four limes, so I ate two and my companion ate two, and then 2 cloves of garlic, So we just ate those plane, then he says "Garlic is pretty spicy did you know that"? He said he hasnt had Meat in almost 2 months haha, and one day they were given a rotisserie chicken, and he is about to eat it, and then decides to go borrow hot sauce from the guy they live with, and so he goes upstairs, and hears some noise going on, and the guys rot weiller had eaten his whole chicken!! haha...I dunno if I'm doing this justice but we told this story later at our lunch appointment to a member and about died again, cause my comp ended the story... so now he is in the hospital ha. Better than the fart story for sure. Thats sayin alot.

So to get a visual, the best way to describe how small our bathroom is we have a shower with a toilet and sink in it... Ok so I missed out on some details but I caught a whiff from matts email. Did you guys go to stadium of fire? If so thats cool.. alright cool story... ummm look up on google image the state administration building for Minas Gerais, it looks like something out of star wars, but we drove past it when we got here. So one day my planner in my pants pocket was soggy from sweat... gross. This elder that is in the hospital has only wore one pair of pants since he has been out a year... and so I decided only to use two maybe 3 the rest of my mish.

I saw a guy skitching behind a bus, holding on with his foot while riding his bike and the bus just pulled him up the hill! haha SO awesome! The buses on some roads sound like they are falling apart, SO LOUD! everything is squeaky and rattling, you close your eyes and sounds like an earth quake. So I learned in the MTC that Liahona is not only good spiritually but they always have pictures of thee most beautiful girls hahaha. I almost diarrheaed my pants during a lesson, ran back to the house and barely made it, it was awful... lets just say I flushed twice. The mish is good! Everybody here, all the dudes, men of all ages fly kites all day long.. That is honestly what everybody does, fly kites. It's cool I guess. The members / recent converts are so faithful, they have trouble reading and some can't even find the page when we say the number but they love the gospel.

OK lastly, my comp just moved seats so I can tell this story, I was scared before cause he might look at the screen but our tooth brushs are in the medicine cabinent mirror sabe and I opened it and his tooth brush JUMPED out!!! and dove into the toilet!!! I dont know how that happened haa but it did, bristles first!!! So I grabbed it out with the dry handle hahah and didnt know what to do. I was scared if I started boiling water he would ask why and would get mad at me so I just didnt tell him, I rinsed it off and put it back ha. So way gross cause our house isnt so clean especially the bathroom, and especially the toilet. Nick dont let this get back to jordy somehow ha. Gotta go guys! I love you all! miss you so bad.

Elder Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment