Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Friday, June 25, 2010

Matt: June 25, 2010

Dear family, Que pasa? First and foremost DAD: Happy Father's day!!! I hope someone else cooked for you and Nick rubbed your feet and cut your hair every other day.. Secondly: OK how freakin funny was Michael's email!!???!!! Oh my gosh I printed it out and am working on the copy center people framing it! Jk but I did have my whole district read it, and they all lost it.. Not as bad as I did (or MIchael when that guy farted) but we all laughed.. One of the guys in my district got his visa and went down to the CTM on tuesday.. I gave him some stuff to take Michael, so that'll be good.. Then two more people got their visas in our district and they'll head down next tuesday.. So yeah.. I have a feeling I'm next :). A couple of the people who have been here for 10 weeks got temporarily reassigned to Tennessee, so that is neat..... ok so this letter would have been a rebuking letter to everybody except for Alison cuz I didn't hear from anybody. However Al informed me that you guys went to the family reunion so all is well.. I will be expecting some kind of recount of that. Was it so fun?! Did everyone ask how Michael and I were doing, and you guys were like "good"? ....

OH ok so we have this Metas (goals) board where we decide as a district what we should work on, and when we found out our teacher didn't have a girlfriend we made one of our goals to get him a woman.. So we honestly prayed for him to meet somebody (well at least I know I did, and so did Childers, Romney, and Pearson) and guess what? Like 2 days later he got a girlfriend!! So then our next meta was to get him married, and then like a week later he came back and was like, "I really think I love this girl, and I might just marry her.." ISN'T THAT SO COOL!!!!!!!! Maybe that's just the magic of Provo, but I am stoked for him.. Oh my gosh you have to know this guy.. His name is Irmao Alsbury and he is like my best friend next to Jason right now.. He's the most awesome guy and he deserves nothing but the best.. You know what though, Provo is magic.. I think the MTC is what people stereotype Provo as.. Which has led me to one conclusion.. I think I want to live in Provo.. I mean here at the mtc everybody is LDS and nice to each other and they hold the door open for girls.. And you can leave your stuff anywhere and no one will steal it.. Who wouldn't want to live somewhere like that? So yeah.. Provo rocks, and Irmao Alsbury is the best.. Ok I can't think of much else to write other than did you get my pictures and my memory card? I would like the memory card back cuz I hear technology stuff in Brazil is like 3 times as expensive and right now I'm borrowing Elder Sasquatch Marx's extra memory card.. So if you could send that with my consecrated oil and some LETTERS!!!!!!! that'd be good.... If you see any of my loser friends, tell them to write me.. Except Big Jeff.. He's been keeping in touch.. Nate J do you update the blog for me and Michael? Should I send you some more pictures? OH that reminds me, I ran into Lauren Schmidt! She's a friend from middle school/high school/life.. She has the early meal schedule and I have the late one, which basically means she eats dinner at 4:30! ha ha ha hhhhaaaa not even senior citizens eat dinner that early.. Only like newborn babies eat that early.. So that was neat.. Oh I want to tell you about this fireside on tuesday.. It was by some Elder Snow of the 70 and it was so amazing! He talked about a lot of things mostly faith repentance and things of that nature, but he said something that really struck me.. He said, "Being converted to the Lord is not the same as Being united with the church" Don't you love that? I sure do.. Anywho it's about to boot me off..This week is mission president week, which means the meal lines take about an hour to get to the front of, and I will meet my mission president tonight. Some people have seen some apostles around.. I haven't though.. I think they've been avoiding me. Anywho I love yyyyoooouuuu aaaall.. I'd love to get some letters. I'm writing some of you back I promise, but they give us 4 hours a week.. not enough time.... If you want to forward my emails to my friends that'd be cool I suppose.... chow chow Love Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment