Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, June 21, 2010

Matt: June 18, 2010

Week 1000:

Dear Family,

I had this plan where I would sneakily write out a triple length e mail and then copy and paste it here to save valuable email time, but it didn't work so here goes.

First off let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDACE!!!!! I sent you a letter did you get it? President Aidoukitis (my mission/branch pres.) saw me writing it one night and chastized me for writing letters on a day other than P day. So yeah feel special.

For the rest of you that means that NO I can't write letters all the time, it also means that the letter flow on your end is going to slow down considerably. But I have good news, it doesn't have to on my end! And the weekly email will still come, and sooner or later I'll figure out the whole copy paste thing and tell Aidoukitis to suck it.

Thank you Natalie Nate and Alison for your packages and notes in them. I can now wear a different gym outfit for a month and a half (that's one week in the mtc). Also thank you to Rhett and Jordan and maybe someone else that I can't think of for your letters this week! I read them and they are awesome. Getting letters is even better than getting candy, but if you want to send me candy please do. Just know that I just barely finished Natalie's candy salad this morning and I have enough candy left in my drawer to put Abby and Ellie in a sugar coma so...yeah.

Ok so here's a list of my weekly demands: The big brasil flag that was on my bed for like a month. My maroon scriptures. A scripture case (I don't care what kind, so don't go out and buy a 30 dollar one from the mtc store, just if you know of an extra one please send it to me)

Aight so here's what happened in the mtc this week. This guy in my zone named elder Burton from Pleasant Grove I guess knows the entire Ruf family and has at one time played with Duke. So that's cool. He's really good at b ball, and I guess his mom works with Erika's sister Steph. Another Elder in my zone from Ogden is/was dating Michael's old lover Talia Greer. Also kind of cool.

Ok and then Elder Davis & Pearson were trying to teach me and Marxy the 2nd lesson (plan of salvation). After explaining about spirit prison/paradise and drawing up the full seminary map Elder Marx (the investigator) said, "So where's hell?" and then Elder Davis explained, "It's right here in spiritual prison. The people in spir pris will be taught the gospel so they can have a chance to accept it for themselves." and I didn't say this outloud (cuz we were already being tough, and their lesson wasn't going so well) but I thought, "So hell is being taught by missionaries. hmmm sounds about right" ha ha ha I wrote that in my journal. It was great.

So that's that. Elder Marx and I are getting along swimmingly now. I think I've pinpointed where our differences come in though. He said he doesn't watch "liberal media" at all. So I said, "so you don't watch any tv then do you?" and he said "only the history channel, the military channel, and fox news"...woof. AND he said he "hates" the movie Grease!!!! So yeah. He's great though and we've been working really well together lately.

I'll try to write as many of you back as I can in paper form (Al you have 1 en route) but I only have so much time in the week so I'll cover the big stuff here:

Rhett congrats on the promotion! That is way cool, pretty soon you will own all the troubled teen centers in Utah county. Moving will be sweet. Jordan have you had your baby already? Oh wait, it only FEELS like I've been here for a year and a half.

Al those gummy army men are awesome, but not as awesome as the nuts.

Is Nick still alive? If he is have him write me a dearelder. It's SUPER SUPER EASY and I want to hear from him. Ask him if he knows any seniors that are coming to the mtc in the next month, so I can crop dust them when they get here.

Oh k so Do yallsies know Tanner Bindrup? Well apparently he had been here for 15 WEEKS (omg kill myself) waiting for his visa to Mexico and he finally had enough and went home and said "Call me when I get my visa and I'll come back out" . That's what Derek Logan told me anyway, but isn't that CRAZY!!??!? If I don't get my visa in 10 weeks you guys might be seeing me too. ha ha woof! OH this guy Elder Richins from Oregon in my district got his visa yesterday, so he's going to go see Michael!!! Michael if you see him he is the coolest. You should be best friends, cuz he and I are best friends (we're not best friends K we're just really good friends ha ha ha)

Ok time to go. I love all of you. Write me some letters cuz they are the best
chow chow

Love, Elder Matthew Wright Gegs Gagon I

PS happy birthday to Craig... Love you cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment