Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Michael: June 10th, 2010

Hey! All is good here. I need rhett/erikas email and Nicks!! SOrry I didnt email yesterday, the computer wouldnt work for me but Im using a computer in the office today, He said I had ten minutes, and it took me about that long to read your guys email.s So its kind of awkward, I have basically no time and Im just going to keep typing until he kicks me off cause Im on his work computer. P day was the best yesterday we found a guy that has a coconut juice stand, I didnt get any buy I know where to get it. I tried an avocado shake. Very goood. O and we also discovered a street market kinda thing in the far corner of our boundaries. Its just a bunch of tables with frruits and veggies on them and they also sell pasteis. Maybe my favorite thing so far. We celebrated Elder Jolsteads birthday by going to a Rodizio shuhaskaria with our teachers. Its awesome they are like our best friends. They have hung out with us our last 2 p days. Irma Veronica and Irmao Luiz. Irmao Luiz is going to BYU in two years so hopefully you'll meet him. I think some other of my friends want to too. It was goood. They kept the meat coming hot, unlike tucanos where you have to wave them down... We has soo much meat. However the salad bar didnt have anything good except rice beans and french fries and rolls. WHen people say they have beans and rice everyday, A- its true, but B- they're not side by side or alone, It's rice with beans on top, sometimes meat mixed in, and then they pile hot sauce, and crazy veggies and mix it all up. Matt would like. I like. ummm but besides things pertaining to P day.

The language is coming along, So is the gospel, I feel like there is so much to learn about both so Im kinda over whelmed if I think about it, so I dont think about it. The Lord is helping me get along with my district, not that I didnt, but hes helping me not to get sick of them (or my 3 companions as I like to say) Cause my companion and the other Elder in the companionships were bff, so they always are together so its a 4some we got going... I feel like Ive explained this before. And i probably make it sound worse than it is. They are great guys, probably more normal than Matts companion I hear. I miss my Brazilian friends and roommates that came and left and left us with 6 more weeks to go here. Now only 5. Ive been out a month!! almost 4% complete with my mission. Its going fast ha. seriously though. I saw an Elder I knew from Alta that has 5 months left in his mission at the Policia Federal renewing visas and what not, Dayne Shaw, he was a swimmer and the school mascot! ha he's a good guy. Its crazy to imagine I will a) speak that good of portuguese some day and b) speak that bad of english some day. Some of the sisters thought I was too mature to be 19, that was cool. (Not the sister in my district obviously). hmmm what else, not much is new, we learn and eat and learn and eat.. Next week I believe Elder Anderson is coming!!! Whats new at home? Whats going on in the USA? How is Nena? Well Im going to wrap this up but I love you guys!!!! and Miss you! Cant wait to see you in 23 months. PS If you want some bright colored BEAUTIFUL ties I can get them for cheap and have them to you in 2 years ha... This lady has a tie stand across the CTM and I want all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment